It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Raynaud's Syndrome Message Board

Raynaud problem

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
Nor49
(female)

Nor49 HB User
Raynaud problem

I had a painful experience with raynaud during winter 2011, went to hospital, was advised to keep myself warm and was charged $500. Through curiosity I later tried pomegranate extract 250 mg for many months and I found that during the winter of 2012 I did not experience any pain at all. I stopped the pomegranate extract 2-3 months ago and did not continue for a while. Now I feel the numbness on my fingers are starting to come back. I have started taking the pomegranate extract again yesterday. This time I also add grape seed extract in my diet, plus my normal intake of vitamins, and fish oil. I am hoping for a painless winter this time around. Anybody out there have the same experience?
Just want to include here, during the painful moments in 2011, I took a lot of pain killers, but nothing help to stop the pain, I then remember what the dentist used to numb the gum before injection, I went to buy Orajel maximum strength and applied to the painful spots on my fingers...it worked good for me.

Last edited by Nor49; 09-21-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: To include more information on my experience in 2011

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
luca689
Senior Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Raynaud problem

Keeping your extremities warm is really the best way to avoid the attacks of Raynaud's and avoiding attacks is the best way to avoid the pain. Vascular health is also a great thing to promote. Were your particularly painful spots caused by little sores?

Old 09-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Nor49
(female)

Nor49 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca689 View Post
Keeping your extremities warm is really the best way to avoid the attacks of Raynaud's and avoiding attacks is the best way to avoid the pain. Vascular health is also a great thing to promote. Were your particularly painful spots caused by little sores?
Yes, I had black spots and broken skin on my fingers that caused the pain. I did try to keep my fingers warm by using hand warmers, wear special gloves and soaking in warm water. When I started to have broken skin and when the pain was unbearable I used Orajel to numb the pain. I had sleepless nights due to the pain. I will always try to keep my hands warm. Thanks for your advice.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
luca689
Senior Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

Check with your Dr because they sound like ulcers and should be under supervision. Make sure you take your gloves everywhere and I do sympathize. They can be excruciating!

Closed Thread

Tags
raynaud's syndrome