It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Raynaud's Syndrome Message Board

• Raynauds and Other Symptoms, Need Advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
    slucas92
    (female)

slucas92 HB User
    Unhappy Raynauds and Other Symptoms, Need Advice

I am currently a 21 year old part time student and full time worker, my symptoms started off with Raynauds and have progressed. I feel like every time i go to one doctor i just get referred to a different one. I am miserable, and i can't afford to go to all these different doctors. I don't know where i should go next. A few years ago i was tested for rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and my thyroid has been tested all have come back negative. My symptoms are:

• Numbness, tingling, burning in fingers and toes
    • Toes turn red when hot or at night and burn, blue when cold, purple in the shower
    • Cold hands and Feet, Stiff Fingers
    • Clammy Hands
    • Legs, arms, feet, and hands fall asleep very often
    • Stinging in legs, legs sensitive to touch, sometimes I will have the same sensation in arms but not as often
    • Runny Nose every day especially in morning
    • Dizziness/ out of it feeling, (happens randomly), always dropping/breaking things (may just be clumsiness or sweaty hands)
    • Weakness, Especially in legs
    • Stiffness in legs
    • Knee Pain
    • Odd Sensation in right knee
    • Face gets flushed often
    • Nose turns red all the time, if I’m cold, if I’m hot, if I drink, doesn’t hurt but is embarrassing
    • Right lymph node swells randomly
    • Abnormal stools/ mucus in stools
    • Diarrhea was getting it very often, recently its been better
    • Stomach bloats after eating, Stomach pains and cramping after eating certain foods
    • Cannot get comfortable in any temperature I am always to hot or to cold, mainly have trouble staying warm except for at night
    • Always Feel like I haven’t gotten enough sleep, I have the most energy in the morning

Any Information would help, I just want to feel better and know what kind of doctor would be best to help me. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
    frenchfri1003
    (female)

frenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB User
    Re: Raynauds and Other Symptoms, Need Advice

Have you ever been checked for Celiac Disease or having a gluten issue. Try going gluten free and see if that helps. Some symptoms seem to be similar to Raynauds but can also overlap with a ton of other issues and it would be hard to tell if they are related or just separate issues. How is your blood pressure? You can check it yourself in the pharmacy they usually have the machine. What about Lyme Disease - ever been bitten by a tick? Now sure where you live but it is somewhat common in the northeast. Good Luck and feel better

Old 03-22-2014, 02:23 PM   #3
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I think with all your symptoms, some repeat testing for autoimmune disorders should be done by a rheumatologist. You have Raynaud's, malar blushing, joint pain, lymph node swelling, GI symptoms, etc. and a 21 year old shouldn't feel this way. These can all be symptoms of autoimmune disease, such as lupus or similar. The numbness and tingling could be from peripheral neuropathy, common in AI disorders. I would have a through check-up, ask for Vit B12, folate, and Vit D levels along with the standard tests and tests for rheumatoid disorders. Something may come up to give you answers and areas to correct/treat so you feel better. The gluten suggestion is a good one too.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
    NewHere095
    (female)

NewHere095 HB User

I agree with both replies above. Have you gone back to the doctor? Any update? Your general doctor should run the full panel for celiac disease. If it's positive they'll send you to see a gastroenterologist. Also, an appointment with a rheumatologist would be a good idea. I hope you get some answers soon and can be on the road to feeling better.

Closed Thread

Tags
    autoimmune dieases, raynauds