It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

Greetings! I'm new...

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
hypersnack
(female)

hypersnack HB User
Arrow Greetings! I'm new...

I hyperextended my big toe four months and got diagnosed with CRPS/RSD three months ago. I've been told I should feel lucky I got diagnosed so early, but that's kind of a bitchy thing to say, in my opinion. Especially if it comes from a doctor, which it did.

I've tried ten different medications that so far haven't worked, and had a sympathetic nerve block yesterday. It hurts worse than it did before and I feel like utter crap, but other people's accounts on forums suggest it's a possible precursor to actually working.

So, hi. Usually I have more to babble about, but apparently sitting up and thinking isn't allowed right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
K_Lana
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User
Re: Greetings! I'm new...

I was dx'd too late for the blocks to work. My dr did try about a dozen times though. I would give the blocks a few more tries. I had some that were awesome for a day or so and some that I didn't feel anything. I miss those blocks. The meds they put you on suck. If they help you are feeling better, but pretty much a zombie. If you can function, then you are still in pain. RSD sucks. End of story.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
hypersnack
(female)

hypersnack HB User
Re: Greetings! I'm new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Lana View Post
I was dx'd too late for the blocks to work. My dr did try about a dozen times though. I would give the blocks a few more tries. I had some that were awesome for a day or so and some that I didn't feel anything. I miss those blocks. The meds they put you on suck. If they help you are feeling better, but pretty much a zombie. If you can function, then you are still in pain. RSD sucks. End of story.
Hmmm. I'll think about getting another block done. It was kinda traumatic for me. But, it doesn't really matter how early I got diagnosed if the treatments don't put it in remission. The doctor who administered it said he wouldn't recommend another, given my response to it. & yeah, RSD sucks. But it's not quite the end of the story because we still have to learn to live with it - keep & make new relationships, figure out how to be happy, etc.

Like today I wanted to walk around town & take pictures, or at the least play video games. Instead I had to figure out the contentment in laying on the couch elevating & watching Netflix.

Last edited by hypersnack; 04-04-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Reply Reply