It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

daughter sufffering with RSD

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2015, 07:04 AM   #1
tracey law
(female)

tracey law HB User
Wink daughter sufffering with RSD

HI, My daughter who is 13 has been suffering with RSD for two years. I want to try Calmare for her. I am wondering if anyone has had fabulous experiences?

Thanks for anyones input.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-17-2015 at 08:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
SloRian
(female)

SloRian HB UserSloRian HB UserSloRian HB UserSloRian HB User
Re: Calmare Pain Therapy Treatment

Wow, I haven't been here in a while, but now I'm able to provide some more information for people. My daughter has settled into remissions that last almost 6 months. Then the symptoms start to show up, and we quickly get her to Calmare treatments (the sooner the better, because there will be less treatments required to get her back into remission). It typically takes 4 to 5 treatments to get her back into remission (the initial treatment time is typically 10 treatments).

She's been treated by different doctors. One was by far the best, and so nice and helpful. He faxed the pad placements to where we live and everything went fine. Then the next time, we decided to try another dr. that was actually closer to us, but didn't have as much experience, and had a terrible experience - he used TENS pads instead of the Calmare pads, and just didn't know much about the Calmare protocol, and it ended up making her worse!

We stopped after a few days and went back to the other dr. that was farther away but knew more, and got her back into remission. So our experience is that it definitely makes a difference who is giving the treatment.

Good luck, and I hope your daughter responds well to the treatments! This treatment doesn't work for everyone, but it sure worked for us, and for many others. Please keep us informed - I think it's very important for RSD patients to share information about different treatment options.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-17-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: add more info

The Following User Says Thank You to SloRian For This Useful Post:
tracey law (06-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #3
tracey law
(female)

tracey law HB User

Thanks! I really appreciate your information! Tracey

Old 07-03-2015, 07:07 AM   #4
RoseinSanDiego
(female)

RoseinSanDiego HB User

Hi,
I was diagnosed by UCLA in 2007, after having a botched foot surgery by a podiatrist. I have been on Lyrica since it first came out. There are side effects, but I have been able to work my 3 hours a day job at a high school. I'm also on Savella. Both meds seem to have put weight on me, but for now, that's ok. My RSD doctor and my primary doctor know I'm unhappy with this weight. I think there's side effects with almost every single medication out there. My pain seems to get worse every year, ad I cannot imagine the pain I would have if I went off my meds. I would give Lyrica a try. Think positive -- you just never know. Before being diagnosed, I walked and walked and walked -- LOVED walking for fitness, and it was also fun because my friends and I would walk and chat. Needless to say, I am unable to do that anymore. I am very grateful I'm walking unassisted and it will be 8 years in another couple months. I never had blocks because I am afraid of having anybody mess with my spine. Same goes for the implanted thing in the spine -- I'm too afraid and I've heard it doesn't always work.
I might look into the Calmare treatment. San Diego has excellent medical care so hoping there's somebody here that can offer it.
That's about it, take care,

Reply Reply