It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/RSD

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2017, 03:43 AM   #1
    LindaG793
    (female)

LindaG793 HB User
    Unhappy Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/RSD

I have had RSD in my legs for just a little over two years. My pain doctor hasn't done anything for it so far because he doesn't believe I have it. How do I get him to at least check them and find out for himself? He is the one that diagnosed my arm of complex regional pain syndrome. Can anyone tell me what to do for the swelling and drawing of the muscles (cramping like). Sometimes it gets so bad in my fingers that I can't do anything but scream and cry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2017, 11:52 AM   #2
    Tux65
    (female)

Tux65 HB User
    Re: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/RSD

If this Dr. diagnosed your arm... then he or she must know that RSD/CRPS can spread. Ask for pain management! If nothing is being done get a new Dr. or you must advocate for yourself! Make them listen. For the swelling sometimes compression hose or sox if you can tolerate it helps (like the kind from the hospital, not the heavy athletic wear the muscle spasms/vascular spasms can be helped with massage or medications. Some times topical rubs like icy/hot or bio-freeze etc. Best of luck and wishing you days of lesser pain and please please Educate yourself on this illness sometimes the doctors just do not know!

Last edited by Administrator; 02-14-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #3
    TnTabby
    (female)

TnTabby HB User
    Re: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/RSD

I have had RSD/ C.R.P.S since Aug. 20 ,2016. It started in my right foot after a fall off a ladder that broke several of the metatarsal bones. Since it has spread to my left foot, and both hands it is also in my face and i think it is in my eyes. Also i have alot of digestive issues, bowel problems, kidney stones, gall stones and endometriosis As well as high blood pressure.

For the edema I have found that I have to elevate my feet. I have stayed in the recliner for several days only getting up when I had to go use the restroom or eat. Also, using my knee scooter so the foot foes not touch the ground. This is something I have to do for several days if it is getting real bad. It is all I have found to help me.

Try to occupy your brain and get it off the pain by playing a brain game or some brain teezers, meditation or like in my case reading the Bible and praying.

Hope this helps. God Bless You

Closed Thread