It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Low body temperature & RSD?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2003, 02:03 PM   #1
    Jewel2
    Inactive

Jewel2 HB User
    Question Low body temperature & RSD?

Hi everyone,
    I haven't been feeling well the last few days. I've had chills, nausea, shakiness and an unusually low body temp., as low as 95.5. The only way I can feel better is to bury myself under a bunch of blankets with a heated mattress pad and a heated get pad. I also drink hot tea. But as soon as I emerge I start chilling again. I have a call into my PMD, but I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem. I checked the side effects of all of my meds and low temp. wasn't listed on any of them. By the way, I take Baclofen, Nortriptylene and Clonidine. Also, my BP is now running normal at about 111/78. My pulse is a little fast at 74 BPM.

I was wondering if body temp. is controlled by the sympathetic nervous system. I got frustrated trying to find answers on the internet and wondered if you all might know.

I hope I hear back from my doc soon.

Thanks,
    Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2003, 03:32 PM   #2
    sharon1030
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sharon1030 HB User
    Smile Re: Low body temperature & RSD?

Hi Daisy-head,

Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm not positive, but I do think that temp is controlled by the sympathetic nervous system. That's one really low temp! Yuck. I hope you get some answers from you doc.

Sharon :cat-head:

Old 12-23-2003, 05:19 PM   #3
    ladymwolf

ladymwolf HB User
    Re: Low body temperature & RSD?

Actually body temp is affected by RSD. I myself have had it happen and have talked to others who ran a low grade fever at some point after getting RSD. I did when it started.
    With the low body temp thing, I suggest, if you haven't had it done, to get your thyroid checked out. That is just a simple blood test.

Karen

Old 12-23-2003, 05:44 PM   #4
    Jewel2
    Inactive

Jewel2 HB User

Karen,
    I am hypothyroid and taking Levoxyl, but had it checked right before the RSD hit and my levels were perfect. I suppose that could have changed since the RSD. I haven't had any other hypo symptoms, but I suppose I should go in and have it checked. Thanks for the reminder.

Julie

Old 12-23-2003, 09:43 PM   #5
    Horsie Nutt
    Senior Veteran

Horsie Nutt HB User

Hi Julie, I sure hope you get to feeling better. RSD definitely affects your body's temp regulator. I'm constantly hot then cold, hot then cold, I even get sweaty sometimes. I have to ask my kids how the house temp feels cause I can't tell myself.

What you are describing sounds like way more than just that though, so i'd call your doc back if he hasn't called you by now. Please let us know what he says.

<Hugs>
    Cathy

Old 12-24-2003, 11:57 AM   #6
    ladymwolf

ladymwolf HB User

You're welcome for the reminder Julie. This stuff affects so much and the RSD is most likely playing havoc with your thyroid there and getting it checked again would be a must now.
    I sure hope you're better soon and get things straightened out! Let us know what happens.

Karen

Closed Thread