It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Bath water temperature -- hot or warm??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2003, 06:00 PM   #1
    dayton
    Veteran

dayton HB User
    Bath water temperature -- hot or warm??

When taking a bath should the water be hot or warm (I don't think lukewarm is good huh?). I've been taking a bath every night cause I have to work the next day. I don't like to go to bed without one.

Sometimes I get the water too hot and my skin turns red. I look like a parboiled lobster. Doesn't seem to hurt anything tho. Oh, I did learn NOT TO PUT LOTION ON IMMEDIATELY AFTER A BATH. I think the pores are open and the lotion goes pretty deep. Ugh, pain like crazy. Starts really burning after a couple of hours and I end up washing it off. So now I wait till the next morning and use Aveeno lotion. I was using something I bought from CrossX ranch in Wyoming. A rancher's wife makes it and it's wonderful.

So are there any more lobsters out there?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
    RSD_Angel
    Inactive

RSD_Angel HB User
    Re: Bath water temperature -- hot or warm??

I also get red as a lobster after my showers and then my foot stays red for a little while and then turns blue/purple/ or red splotchy. Of course its always swollen 3 times its normal size anywho.. i havent seen my ankle in over a year!!

My PT says the perfect temp for a shower or bath is about 98-100 degrees. Just enough heat to promote circulation and healing and not enough heat to do any more damage!!

Ohh by the way.. My doc told me not to put lotion or any sprays on my foot that has the RSD in it , because it has alcholol in it and it flares up the RSD!! He did a test on me when i first saw him that he sprayed rubing alcholol on my RSD foot and it hurt soo bad that i flew off the table!! Just an FYI.. you might want to find a lotion tht has no alcholol in it.. its hard but i think i found mine at Wally World!!

Hope you had a good Christmas and have a good new year too!!

Closed Thread