It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Gluten Intolerance can cause RSD

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2004, 02:21 AM   #1
    riceneuroni
    Veteran

riceneuroni HB User
    Gluten Intolerance can cause RSD

Here's a note for those to consider who are looking for a cause for their RSD. I found it after much research and was able to cure mine. I'm pain free. Hope it helps others.

Some folks are allergic to gluten and don't know it. There are frequently no other symptoms - just bam - unquenchable pain one day. No stomach problems, nothing.

What's happening is the villi in the intestines are being damaged and are not absorbing nutrients as they should. Sometimes a low B12 turns up in a blood test but not always. Sometimes B12 supplements help but not always. Without the right nutrients, the pain starts.

There are some blood tests that can possibly indicate a gluten intolerance but they're not real reliable yet. An intestinal biopsy will reveal it. I found doctors (and I saw quite a few) unwilling to consider or test for gluten intolerance. I was even laughed at for mentioning it! Well, I'm cured and they're either ignorant or extremely greedy.

I got better by avoiding gluten. I did it just to see what would happen - I was desperate and this was hope. After a couple of months I noticed some improvement in the pain. After three months I was walking again. I've been pain free now for months.

Gluten is a component in wheat, rye, and barley. You would need to avoid all of these plus all trace of gluten used in the processing of other foods: almost everything. It takes lot's a research, but it's worth it.

Brice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2004, 09:57 AM   #2
    samgm2
    Inactive

samgm2 HB User
    Re: Gluten Intolerance can cause RSD

Quote:
    Originally Posted by riceneuroni
    What's happening is the villi in the intestines are being damaged and are not absorbing nutrients as they should. Sometimes a low B12 turns up in a blood test but not always. Sometimes B12 supplements help but not always. Without the right nutrients, the pain starts.

I got better by avoiding gluten. I did it just to see what would happen - I was desperate and this was hope. After a couple of months I noticed some improvement in the pain. After three months I was walking again. I've been pain free now for months.

Gluten is a component in wheat, rye, and barley. You would need to avoid all of these plus all trace of gluten used in the processing of other foods: almost everything. It takes lot's a research, but it's worth it.

Brice
    Excellent post! Goes along with what Dr. Atkins had been saying for years. We are not a grazing animal.

Thank you for sharing this information.

Sam.

Closed Thread