It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• RSD of the Ear or just ringing in the ear??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2004, 06:43 PM   #1
    Ambrusky1978

Ambrusky1978 HB User
    RSD of the Ear or just ringing in the ear??

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyof you guys could help.

I have RSD in my rt foot andhave had it for 2 years. But thats not what is bugging me now. For the past 3 weeks i have been haveing ringing in my ears constantly. It did stop on Monday for the day and i noticed i have lost some hearing out of that ear. But when i woke up on Tues, it was ringing again. Its not the normal every once in awhile annoyance of the ringing in the ear that everyone gets, this is 27/7 and it gets intense that it makes me dizzy. Its also sensitive like if i put the phone up to it to talk or if i have the music to loud that it makes the ringing worse and it hurts.. I also get a warm feeling inthe ear, i cant feel it with my fingers but i can feel it warm.. you knw what i mean??

I called my Primary doc and he thought it was due to me taking 2 bcp's every day but i stopped them for a couple days and that didnt help and he is sending me to a ENT but i thnk its gonna be another week or so b4 i get into him. I know hes goona ask about my RSD, and i dont know if it could be RSD in my ear or what it is.. hope you guys can help me! This is driving me CRAZY

TTYL
    Amber

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2004, 10:37 PM   #2
    Sandson

Sandson HB User
    Re: RSD of the Ear or just ringing in the ear??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ambrusky1978
    Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyof you guys could help.

I have RSD in my rt foot andhave had it for 2 years. But thats not what is bugging me now. For the past 3 weeks i have been haveing ringing in my ears constantly. It did stop on Monday for the day and i noticed i have lost some hearing out of that ear. But when i woke up on Tues, it was ringing again. Its not the normal every once in awhile annoyance of the ringing in the ear that everyone gets, this is 27/7 and it gets intense that it makes me dizzy. Its also sensitive like if i put the phone up to it to talk or if i have the music to loud that it makes the ringing worse and it hurts.. I also get a warm feeling inthe ear, i cant feel it with my fingers but i can feel it warm.. you knw what i mean??

I called my Primary doc and he thought it was due to me taking 2 bcp's every day but i stopped them for a couple days and that didnt help and he is sending me to a ENT but i thnk its gonna be another week or so b4 i get into him. I know hes goona ask about my RSD, and i dont know if it could be RSD in my ear or what it is.. hope you guys can help me! This is driving me CRAZY

TTYL
    Amber
    I am glad that you brought this up. I have RSD in my right dominate hand and have beeen experiencing the ringing as well. However, when my doctor changed my anti-depressent meds it stopped.

Old 10-14-2004, 11:36 PM   #3
    sealover
    Veteran
    (female)

sealover HB Usersealover HB User
    Re: RSD of the Ear or just ringing in the ear??

Hi. Sorry to read about the ringing in your ears, also referred to as tinnitus.

Yes, it's best to see an ENT to have your ears/hearing examined and tested. I'm unsure whether the ringing can be related to RSD, but maybe someone else here knows the answer.

There is a long list of medications in which ringing of the ears is a side affect.

I have tinnitus (unrelated to RSD) and have had it for about 5 years. My tinnitus is not as bad as some people have it, but if I take aspirin, my ears will start ringing so loudly that I cannot take it.

I can relate to how you are worried about the ringing. I have been to an ENT a few times for the ringing. I was given a CAT-scan to rule out any tumor causing the ringing, and the CAT-scan came back normal. My hearing is still very normal.

My tinnitus is related to ear drops that I was given for a few ear aches, and that particular medication is now known to cause permanent ringing in the ears in some people.

Since my foot injury, my worry about the tinnitus has taken a back seat. I don't notice the ringing unless I am thinking about it or unless I'm in a quiet room. Aspirin aggravates it so I don't take that med.

What will help you deal with the ringing is to have some background noise, like a fan running or calming music, that will help drown out the ringing. You'll notice the ringing a lot more if a room is completely quiet, and loud noises tend to aggravate the ringing. Also, try to get your mind off of the ringing and try not to worry about it, and this will help because when your mind is on the ringing, you'll hear it.

I hope I helped some. You're not alone.

Please let me know what the ENT has to say.

Closed Thread