It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• 3 years now.. Twitching, Tingling, Burning... Please help me!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #1
    dahlstrom34
    (male)

dahlstrom34 HB User
    Unhappy 3 years now.. Twitching, Tingling, Burning... Please help me!!!

Happy New Year to all. I have been a "possible" RSD sufferer for almost 3 years now. I am a 30 year old male that was in superior shape before my episode.

To start off, some of my symptoms are as follows:

-Constant vibration/spasms & tingling in my feet
    -Constant spasms period..
    -Uncontrollable spasms throughout my whole body
    - Lower Back Pain
    -Dark Urine every bathroom visit
    -Rashes about once a month appear on both of my hands/knuckles. Leads to severe cracking and itchyness.
    -Increased muscle and joint pain
    -Decreased blood circulation to all limbs. As if they "fall asleep" or "Tingle" much quicker than before when I bend down or have my hand raised.
    -Heartbeat is much more "defined" than before. It can be seen through my shirt or sweater more intensly when lying on my back. I also can feel it more frequently in my fingers and other areas as well. It's weird I know but my BP has been, on average, 120/70. I think that is normal. Also, when I'm finish running, I can feel the heartbeating through my eyes. In other words, my vision looks like it is pulsating.
    -Constant fatigue
    - plus much more to list.

This all started one night while lying in bed, when my legs started shaking uncontrollably. I thought that I was going to die. I felt so gassy and that my stomach was about to explode. So I called 911. Just about 2 minutes before the ambulance showed, I passed my gas and my legs stopped shaking. I'm not quit sure if I have a nerve that might be damaged from the stomach pressure that was exerted.

I have went to the two neuro's since and have one EKG that showed negative. I went to one and he told me to walk a straight line, follow the light and touch my nose. Kind of stupid but he said that everything looked great.

I am at wits end can not seem to find any answers to why I am like this. After reading some of the posts here on the forum, I am convinced that I might have RSD.

Hopefully someone can give me some answers or direct my who to seek.

Thanks and hope that everyone has a Happy and safe New Year.

Carl

Last edited by dahlstrom34; 01-02-2005 at 08:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 04:18 AM   #2
    Baileysmum

Baileysmum HB User
    Re: 3 years now.. Twitching, Tingling, Burning... Please help me!!!

Hi Carl

Welcome to this forum!

I'll try and help, but bear in mind we're not doctors.

RSD is characterised by severe constant burning pain, plus other pains, that mainly happen in one or more limbs. Other pains include shooting pains, muscular pains/cramps/spasms, pain when touched on that limb, pain from a breeze etc, deep bone pain etc. There are also other symptoms of rsd, including swelling, discolouration of the skin (blue/purple/grey etc), excessive sweating.

Then there are symptoms that seem to relate to rsd but are not directly in the limb affected, ie immune system is lowered, stomach complaints, headaches, blurred/sore vision, etc.

Usually there is an injury that starts rsd, either directly to a nerve or indirectly affecting a nerve such as a broken bone or something. But often people don't remember hurting the limb.

There is no single reliable test to confirm rsd, diagnosis is based on a pain doctor physically assessing you, and sometimes checking xrays for bone degeneration, but this isn't always evident. Some tests can rule other conditions out so they are important too. Nerve conduction tests don't always show rsd, even if it is there.

My suggestion? Ask your doctor to refer you to a pain management doctor. They'll be able to assess you and let you know if you have rsd, or a different condition. No one should have to live with unexplained and untreated pain.

I hope you get some answers soon!

x Kate

Old 01-03-2005, 07:29 AM   #3
    Jewel2
    Inactive

Jewel2 HB User

Hi Carl,
    I would find a good Internist and have them sort out your symptoms. Although some sound neurological, the dark urine and low back pain could be kidney or liver problems. The heart issues could be hormonal (yes, even men can have drastic hormone fluctuations). The fatigue could be thyroid or adrenal problems.

About 4 years ago I went through a period of numerous unexplained symptoms and panicked that they were all related somehow in a terrible illness. After many, many tests and months it finally got sorted out to hypothyroidism, perimenopause, gallbladder disease, bone spurs at my facet joint, and benign fasciculations (twitching all over my body for no reason). As each individual thing got treated, I slowly started feeling better and was able to run and work out again.

Unfortunately, I injured my wrist and had to have a couple reconstructive surgeries which led to the RSD that I am now battling. This one is much more complicated than all of the other problems and I have not been able to get back to running or working out with any frequency or intensity.

I really, really hope you don't have RSD (and it doesn't sound like it to me - but I'm not a doctor!). I very much hope you find the answers and get your health back soon.

Best wishes,
    Julie

Old 01-03-2005, 09:16 PM   #4
    bluegilllady
    (female)

bluegilllady HB User

Hi Carl ...................
    I have had RSD for 5 yrs. and It's no fun ! Your symptoms sound as if you may have some other sort of medical problem , but as the others have said we are not doctors. I have the RSD in my left leg centered mostly in my ankle ....... but has begun to move up towards my knee. I ahve lots of burning , cramping in my muscles, shooting pains in my leg and lots of lower back pain on my left side. Mine also in the past few months has begun to jump to my right leg also now. Where I am now experiencing the Hot butning and terrible pain in my heel. It is a life long battle if you are diagnosed with RSD as it will never go away !! So you should say a Prayer that you do not have this disease as there is No cure for it and the Dr.s are as much in the Dark about it as we are ! I'll keep my fingers crossed , that you find out what's wrong and have a speed recovery !!

Closed Thread