It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Large painful Boils on Face and back is this part of RSD??????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-13-2005, 11:50 AM   #1
    prettylady35
    (female)

prettylady35 HB User
    Question Large painful Boils on Face and back is this part of RSD??????

I get awful pimples/boils, on my face and back is this also part of rsd?? as these boils are very deep and hurt bad.I have never had them before ever until after the MVA i had 3.5 yrs ago. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or what. As these boils are so deep and leave scares and come back more every time. Not sure if this is part of rsd or not. If anyone who has rsd and also has boils, would let me know if this is part of rsd or not would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2005, 12:45 PM   #2
    Taylor's Gammie
    (female)

Taylor's Gammie HB User
    Re: Large painful Boils on Face and back is this part of RSD??????

Have you seen the dr yet Pretty Lady about the boils and if he said what it was??Ok byeeeee
    Mae

Last edited by Taylor's Gammie; 08-14-2005 at 10:08 AM.

Old 08-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
    Taylor's Gammie
    (female)

Taylor's Gammie HB User

Hi Prettylady, it's so amazing how I can relate to so many issues concerning RSD..I have this huge round dark area in the middle of my shoulder blades where really bad burning flare ups happen. I have noticed I get very large pimples in that area plus the purple veins running through out that area. I was very lucky not to have any acne problems growing up, but now at nearly 48 I have the big ones on my back I showed it to my pain managment dr last week and he pressed on certain areas back there and sent me into pain for three staight days, guess it could have been worst! My dr never explained what it was! Anyways hope your able to get some answers and your pain is as little as possible..
    Mae

Old 08-14-2005, 10:12 AM   #4
    Budko
    Inactive

Budko HB User

Good Morning,

explain a boil! Are they like water filled like pimple blister things? About 2 months ago I got these odd blister filled things, they did'nt hurt until they popped. Then they would spread and scab over. The last one just went away, but there are scars.

I have been in bad pain this week, and I noticed I have them on my hand, but they are small. I used every cream out there and nothing worked, My Doc says it is excema, YAH! sure Lady. They went away on their own. I say RSD!

I also have a horrible complextion. I have been using Proactiv for a month and no improvement.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:37 AM   #5
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I think this may be much more related to the sympathetic nervous system damage that caused your RSD to develop and not so much caused by the RSD itself.since my initial damage happened after a spinal cord surgery,i have had among other things,many similar type problems on my face.And also more wierd neuro symptoms in the facial area along with horners syndrome which was the very first indicator that i actually had a damaged SNS.but along with RSD you do have many more problems relatedto the basic workings under the skin like with color changes,increased sweating or lack there of and lack of goose bumps when chilled.so, who really knows for sure,lol.All I know is that this nasty SNS damage along with my damaged spinal nerves and spinal tracts has pretty much affected every single body system to at least some extent.Everyday is a new adventure in neuro hell.Marcia

Old 08-24-2005, 10:26 PM   #6
    aicirtapo
    (female)

aicirtapo HB User

Prettylady - Laura here again - go to Hooshmand's site and you will see some explaination of the boils that people get, not a pretty sight and I am not sure what you do about them. I think they come from a lack of circulation to an area, especially if people sit around too much. In spite of pain RSD suffers have to keep moving the affected area and I find water the best way to do that as I said in a previous note to you on another thread. Getting the heart rate up and the lungs working I think prevents a lot of problems if you start early enough. Laura from BC

Old 08-25-2005, 07:31 PM   #7
    prettylady35
    (female)

prettylady35 HB User
    Question Re: Large painful Boils on Face and back is this part of RSD??????

hI Laura

I have searched dr.hooshmands site ancd cant find nothing on boils can u let me know where abouts on his site it is.

Thanks Laura

Closed Thread