It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Cold Sweats....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #1
    neverenough915
    (female)

neverenough915 HB User
    Cold Sweats....

Does anyone else have this problem? I have been getting really bad cold sweats for about a year now. it will just start out with a little chill, then i start getting all clamy, then all hell breaks loose. ill start shaking like crazy, sweating so bad that within 15 minutes my clothes are soaked, but i am absolutely freezing. ill have my electric heated blanket on high along with like two comforters on me and im still shivering! sometimes it lasts for 30 minutes and them sometimes it will go for like 3 days striaght. im supposed to be going to flordia next week but i dont know if i will be able to handle it for a week with all this crap going on. ya know? is there ANYTHING that anybody knows of that can help with this, i dont care if its even taking a medication. sometimes i think that the side effects from the medications are worse than the pain. with the morphine, fentanyl, and scs the pain had gotten a little bit better but ugh. i cannot stand this anymore!!!!!
    amber

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
    NikonKid
    Inactive
    (female)

NikonKid HB User
    Re: Cold Sweats....

Amber
    My PM put me on blood pressure medicine for the symptoms you described, it helps keep the circulation going to all my extremities. Before I started taking it I felt like my arms were giant ice cubes...
    I just got back from Florida...it was my trial vacation. First one since the diagnosis, alot of adjustments but glad I went. I hope you can enjoy your vacation
    Jeanne

Old 03-08-2007, 07:14 AM   #3
    dee_navymom
    (female)

dee_navymom HB User

Hi Amber....Yes, sweating is a problem with RSD. I also have trouble with them. When they are really bad I am have to change my shirt up to 3 times in a day or night. In fact when it happens at night I can have a puddle of sweat between my breasts. I am also cold cold. The Dr also has me on a medication called catapress. It comes in a patch.We just increased the dose. I have had so side effects form this drug. But reading about the drug is scary. But the sweating is also just awful and gross. So I am hoping the med change will help. Please don't let this RSD ruin your vacation...don't let it take charge of your life. Just make special adjustments during your vacation. That way you will know you tried...and you didn't let the RSD get the best of you. What does your Dr say about going on vacation. I know mine would say you deserve it. Let us know what you decide. I wish you the best. Dee

Old 11-10-2007, 03:58 AM   #4
    vvenang1
    (female)

vvenang1 HB User

I know that you originally wrote this post in December 2006 but what you described sounds exactly like me. None of my doctors will pay any attention to me when I tell them of this. The usual response is "maybe you have some kind of infection". I have been telling them all about this for about 6 months and keep getting the same reply or none at all.
    I wanted to ask you, did you ever figure out what was causing this? I can't stand it any more. You were so right when you said that it can last for minutes or three days. I feel so creapy, week and helpless when these, cold sweats, or whatever they are, start up.
    Ginger/Philadelphia

Old 11-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
    Sunnycal
    Veteran
    (female)

Sunnycal HB User

My husband has the same problem. He can be doing absolutely nothing and then soak through his undershirt and outside shirt. He hates it, especially in the winter, when he is cold and wet. He already is on the Catapres patch, so I don't think that helps. We are not sure if it is from the methadone or RSD, so I would be interested to know if any of you are also on methadone.
    Sunny

Old 11-11-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
    vvenang1
    (female)

vvenang1 HB User

I am not on methadone but I am on Lyrica and codine based pain killers. I don't know if I have RSD. I have some but not all of the symptoms. I don't have shiney or discolored skin.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
    JayHunk
    (male)

JayHunk HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dee_navymom View Post
    Hi Amber....Yes, sweating is a problem with RSD. I also have trouble with them. When they are really bad I am have to change my shirt up to 3 times in a day or night. In fact when it happens at night I can have a puddle of sweat between my breasts. I am also cold cold. The Dr also has me on a medication called catapress. It comes in a patch.We just increased the dose. I have had so side effects form this drug. But reading about the drug is scary. But the sweating is also just awful and gross.... Dee
    I just signed on this site hoping to find something that speaks to the increased sweating that I have been having. I am not on methadone but have been through many medicines and have been taking 320 mg oxy plus 10 -10/325 percs/day in addition to ativan and a few depression meds. These meds have been constant for 5 months yet sweating frequency and duration are on the rise. Especially in a strange way lately.

Has anyone else experienced SAME SIDE SWEATING? Almost 2 years ago, thanks to a slip on ice at work, I was Dx RSD in right arm and hand and just in the last couple of days, the right side of my head, face and neck have been sweating profusely while the left side stays dry?!? I can't find anything on this. Like you said, Dee...so very uncomfortable and very upsetting.

Bless you all. I wish I had answers for all of the questions. I know that it helps knowing that we are not alone in this.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:16 AM   #8
    Michelle94
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Michelle94 HB User

Besides the pain which is the most prominent feature of RSD. RSD also affects your sensory abnormalities( sensitivity to touch), Motor changes, autonomic dysfunction (swelling and hyperhydrosis excessive sweating), trophic changes to skin, muscle, and bone.. also reduced ROM..
    Iam sure you already know all of this.. I think its just one of those symtoms we have to deal with..
    Its been 6 yrs for me.. I use to have the sweating really bad the first 1-2 yrs. I would wake up in the middle of nite having to change. I would be sweating and then cold at the same time.. As time went on it seemed to disappear.. I dont get the sweats but I do get really hot before everyone else does in the house..
    I never really found anything to eliminate the sweating.. It just disappeared.. I hope this happens to all of you.. Thinking of you all.
    Michelle1

Closed Thread