It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• rhizotomy or not?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #1
    jodom1979
    Inactive
    (male)

jodom1979 HB User
    rhizotomy or not?

My pm wants to do an RFTC from L5-L1 if she can get to L1 due to me being a male and not having birthing hips. I read everywhere its bad and have yet to read positive but it seems all I read on the net refer to hooshmand's little hand book.

Has anyone had this and had favorable results? I trust my PM and think the world of her as all of her predictions have come trueas far as my RSD is concerned. The blocks DID have a temporary favorable outcome and on paper this procedure looks like the thing to do. when I got the blocks she would inject Marcaine wich stopped those nerves and therefore by Rf'ing them they would give the same result but on a much longer time scale.

do I sound crazy or does this make sense? She said the nerves would regrow in about 6 months give or take and symptoms may or may not (hopefully) reuturn. I got some time before i do this and just wondered if anyone out there has had this done?

Thanks,
    Jon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #2
    sharon1030
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sharon1030 HB User
    Smile Re: rhizotomy or not?

Hi Jon,

I've never had this procedure done, but if you trust your doc and it sounds like you do, I'd go with her advice. I've always done that. They're the ones who went to medical school. If you trust her and feel that she knows what she's doing, go for it. That's great that you're researching it and I hope you can find someone who's done this. Good luck.

Sharon

Closed Thread