It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Extreme Sensitivity Every Where (Help)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #1
    dee18
    (female)

dee18 HB User
    Question Extreme Sensitivity Every Where (Help)

HI EVERY ONE,
    Hope I have found the right place-really need some in put in (where to go)
    what to do) Hurts to wear clothes the left thumb I have to keep draped with
    something very light--need air all the time to back-numbness in left leg.I
    have been to so many Dr's know answers Pain Management-Primary Dr. Neuro.
    you name I've been there. When I open my eyes in the morning I'm very
    grateful to be alive-then I think another day of this. Life has changed so much
    I wonder what is in store-not looking good-trying not to give up it is getting
    so hard.A warm heating pad helps and water at the right temp.My lips were
    burning it has let up some--Can you imagine it hurting to wear clothes wake up
    ringing wet every morning-also have itching white bumps appear not wet dry
    ones. Unbelieveable I swear this is all true.Is there any one with these
    symptoms out there ? Would appreciate any advice any one could share with
    me. THANK YOU
    DEE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
    judiev331
    (female)

judiev331 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Extreme Sensitivity Every Where (Help)

Dee,
    What a overwhelming load. Your a very strong person! I can relate to the part of being unable to wear cloths. I had these bathrobe that were loose & kinda like a old fashioned MuMU. Around the house thats all I'd wear. If we had a family occasion I'd dress in the loosest of cloths and they HAD to be cotton, anything else was like sand paper. It got better over time. I've had RSD since 1994. For me the pain changed over time.............not less, just different. Some of the things tried helped.......a little.

I wish you luck and a guardian angel.

Gentle hugs
    Judie

Old 07-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
    jodom1979
    Inactive
    (male)

jodom1979 HB User
    Re: Extreme Sensitivity Every Where (Help)

Hi dee,

Your in the right place. In my opinion you sound like you have RSD or CRPS wichever you like to call it... Around here we call it RSD. From what you have wrote it sure sounds like RSD. you NEED to find a competent doctor to get some type of treatment started.

Let your post "soak" here on the boards a few hours and there will be many, many kind souls to offer advice. This board is a wealth of information on the disease please stick around

Jon

Old 07-10-2007, 05:45 AM   #4
    mixtinn
    Veteran
    (female)

mixtinn HB User

Dee,
    You are sooo in the right place. I am sorry to hear you going through this.. I do agree with the others It sound to me like you have RSD.. The sweating the itching, sensitivity, burning, all of it are signs. You need to find the right dr.. As for sensitivty end of it.. I have a neighbor who has RSD in her hand, she was injured at work.. I see her walk her dog every morning wearing a while glove on it.. Its a soft cotton thin glove..
    I know your confused right now. I don't blame you one bit.. Its the unknown.. I was not diganosed for 4 yrs with it.. The day that I was to I had RSD, I guess mentally it helped me..
    What type of meds are you taking right now? Has anyone mention to you the possibility of RSD?
    You are in the right place when it comes to getting support.. We're all here for you. Even if you don't have a question and you just feel like screaming go right ahead.. We all understand...
    Keep in touch, our prayers are with you....always...
    Michelle

Old 07-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #5
    dee18
    (female)

dee18 HB User

HI,JODIE,Jan,Michelle
    What a surprise to hear from 3 of you THANK YOU! THANK YOU!--very much-do you really think this is what I'm dealing with I have had the sensitivity
    for 4yrs. Burning the last 1yr. I think it is getting worse every day only one
    Dr. has mentioned RSD-I just got back from a UNIVERSITY-pain clinic and a
    neure-Dr. What a wasted trip they don't know why I was sent there I left
    there in tears-I have had sev,inj in my back and one in the neck they did
    nothing for me--have tryed the usual med's including LYRICA-several more
    nothing. Right now all that I'm on is a antidepressant-anxiety pill and hydro-
    codone the only thing that helps me with is not jumping off a bridge.Water the
    right temp. feels very good and as I said warmth--what am I going to do there
    Isn't another Dr. around here for me to go to.MY L-THUMB AND WRIST area
    burn so bad the sensitivity stays at a 7 to 9 on scale--KNOW CLOTHES-this is
    real important do any of you have the sensitivity pain everywhere? wind even hurts me-if i get clothes out of a dryer I can't hold them because
    of the forearm's----this is UNREAL-my PDR. He says he has never had
    any one with any thing like this--really in good hands huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Is this board in with any other health boards? just curious. All 3 of you made
    my day my responding to my post--THANK YOU AGAIN hope I am in the
    right place. FOUR yrs. of this and all of you going through the same thing
    please tell me this Isn't true.Wish I could make all of us well.
    Dee

Old 07-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
    dee18
    (female)

dee18 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shellygod66 View Post
    Dee,
    You are sooo in the right place. I am sorry to hear you going through this.. I do agree with the others It sound to me like you have RSD.. The sweating the itching, sensitivity, burning, all of it are signs. You need to find the right dr.. As for sensitivty end of it.. I have a neighbor who has RSD in her hand, she was injured at work.. I see her walk her dog every morning wearing a while glove on it.. Its a soft cotton thin glove..
    I know your confused right now. I don't blame you one bit.. Its the unknown.. I was not diganosed for 4 yrs with it.. The day that I was to I had RSD, I guess mentally it helped me..
    What type of meds are you taking right now? Has anyone mention to you the possibility of RSD?
    You are in the right place when it comes to getting support.. We're all here for you. Even if you don't have a question and you just feel like screaming go right ahead.. We all understand...
    Keep in touch, our prayers are with you....always...
    Michelle
    JODIE,JAN,MICHELLE,
    I think I sent my reply to wrong place-new to this wil all 3 of you get this?
    DEE

Old 07-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
    mixtinn
    Veteran
    (female)

mixtinn HB User

Dee,
    How have you been doing? I was thinking the other day.. when I was laying in bed and my feet were burning so bad.. and I was hot and sweaty. I had the ceiling fan on. but that hurt my feet. I put my feet under the sheets, that hurt my feet.. Then the next day I was doing my hair and I dropped a comb on my foot. Oh my god.. I was ready to die..
    I feel so bad for you.. having it through out your body like that.. You really do sound like you have RSD.. I think you need to be on some pain meds.. anti-depres. Right now I am only on Neurotin, Lamictal and tylenol with cod.. I had a lidocaine infushion 1 1/2 yr ago. really helped me out big time.. Iam on a waiting list for another one.. I am hoping it helps me to the point I can possibly go back to work..
    Don't give up.. I know its scary. fours yrs ago I felt the same way you did.. I only wish at that time I knew I had RSD.. They kept telling me in was herniate dics.. I said no way in h***.. With this burning, the sensitivty, the discoration, my skin peeled in the palms of my hands.. I had very little swelling.. That part I was lucky. I kept on them I didn't give up. I found a dr who listened to me, who knew exactly what was wrong with me.. As soon as they started my treatments I became a differant person.. The unknown was the worst.. I just wanted a lable.. That meant so much to me.. I swear by the lidocaine infushion.. It did wonders.. I haven't heard anyone else on this board ever talk about it... I know about four other people who have had it and its helped them out too...
    I wish you lots of luck.. Don't give up.. it will get better once they have you under control..
    Michelle

Closed Thread