It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Temazepam and tizanidine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
    numbing hands
    (female)

numbing hands HB User
    Temazepam and tizanidine

Hi All,
    I am on temazepam 15 mg 1 tab every other night for insomina. My psychiatrist does not want me to be on every night. I want to know how long i can be on temazepam with out being addictive to it.
    Is tizanidine also addictive? I am taking it every other night when i am not on temazepam. I find that tizanidine helps me to sleep besides relax my muscle.
    I will appreciate any feedback.
    Anita

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
    Sunnycal
    Veteran
    (female)

Sunnycal HB User
    Re: Temazepam and tizanidine

My husband takes tizanadine (Zanaflex) at night. He takes 1-3 depending on what he needs. It definitely helps him sleep. He seems to be able to take it or leave it and is not dependent on it.
    Sunny

Old 09-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
    Jamesy_Boy
    (male)

Jamesy_Boy HB User

complete tolerance as well as addiction to drugs of the benzodiazapine drug class typically develops at about 6 months....this means that after six months of taking every day, you can almost surely count on the medicine losing all efficacy. however, if you use it every other night or every few nights, tolerance and addiction may progress at an extremely low rate taking even up to 2 years to lose efficacy and develop addiction. Addiction symptoms shouldnt worry you as much as the fact that it can take somebody up to a year to slowly wean you off of a benzo. Tapering off of a benzo medication has the potential to suck really really bad, but also can be done without any symptoms or complications by a physician with weaning experience.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:31 AM   #4
    jodom1979
    Inactive
    (male)

jodom1979 HB User

I agree with James_boy

You DEFINATELY dont want to open a can of worms with bezo's unless you can avoid it. You have no idea what the rat race entails with benzos. Im not going to preach because they do have their place... Just be very careful and do your reading on them.

Jon

Old 09-15-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
    judiev331
    (female)

judiev331 HB User

Hi Jon,

I take Restoril (forgot the generic & I'm to lazy to get up & get the bottle). I take 30 mg every night. It helps.........I get about 4 hours. My shrink started it & my primary is ok with it. If I didn't take it I'd sit up all night. So.......deciding between the rock & the hard place is a *&^%$.

Hugs

Judie

Old 09-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #6
    jodom1979
    Inactive
    (male)

jodom1979 HB User

hey judie,

It just seems to me well, actually with narcs in general they have a ying-yang effect.. They can be very helpful and be equally as damaging.. Me being naive to benzos I had no clue how hardcore they were until I decided to try and stop them. Im slowly making headway on it.. Its not like opiates where WD's only take 1 week or so.. This stuff lasts for months.. I was just wanting to put a little caution up about starting them as they do wear off in time and comming off of them is the hardest compared to other drugs. Technically, if you were on a hefty dose and went cold turkey you could experiance dangerous seizures.

I didnt mean to bad mouth them as they have their place..

Old 09-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #7
    numbing hands
    (female)

numbing hands HB User

Thank you all for your feedback! They were very helpful. Now i have more research to do.
    Anita

Old 10-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
    ToMac
    Inactive
    (male)

ToMac HB User

deleted

Taking Temazepam. was absolutely the biggest mistake of my life. I had been taking 30mg nightly for about a year and developed some serious problems that I thought were neurological in origin. But after many tests and lots of research I realized I was dependent on the Temazepam, and experiencing serious interdose withdrawals. If you decide to keep taking Temaz., get ready for anxiety/panic attacks, tremors, and insane insomnia.

[Now I] stay the hell away from all benzodiazepines!

Last edited by Administrator; 11-15-2007 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Don't tell members what to choose. Share your own experience.

Closed Thread