It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Knee rsd and knee brace

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
    sixftblnd
    (female)

sixftblnd HB User
    Knee rsd and knee brace

Hey everyone- I hope everyone is having a good start to the new year.

I am trying to find a new knee brace. The one the doc gave me I have altered and altered and altered to try to make it work. I need the support that it gives me when I go out, but I can't have anything on my knee. Do any of you use a knee brace? What kind do you use?

Thanks,

Sherry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
    rayefaye
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rayefaye HB User
    Re: Knee rsd and knee brace

Hi Sherry, I have a lot of trouble with my knees as well especially when the weather changes or it rains. So far, I have not been able to wear any kind of brace on mine either because they irritate my knee more than help it. Maybe someone else will come along with a suggestion.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
    kover2
    (female)

kover2 HB User

My RSD started in my right knee and now has traveled down my leg. My doctor wouldn't let me wear a brace ever. I do, however, use a cane when I go out for stability and help when I walk. Since I think I am too young for a cane (44), I had to find a really cool looking one. It took me awhile but I did find one and I get quit few compliments on it lol.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
    sixftblnd
    (female)

sixftblnd HB User

Yeah, same for me. I can't wear it for an extended amount of time. If I wear it too long it gets my thigh and calf going. It just gets me through things like a trip to Costco. I got tired of using the scooter. People don't move! I have alot of events for my kids that it helps with also.

Closed Thread