It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• ketamine compound

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
    neverenough915
    (female)

neverenough915 HB User
    ketamine compound

I just wanted to let everyone know the new medicine my pain dr gave me. Its a compound creme that i put on my wrist three times a day. Its 5% ketamine and 5% prudoxin. He said its supposed to desensitize the area. and that what its doing. It really is helping the pain. but it is desensitizing the area a lot. like i can feel a difference between touching my arm and touching my wrist. its really hard to explain. the only problem is its drying out my skin. but ill take that if it helps the pain. Ive only been using it for a few weeks but it really is helping. I dont know if it may help anyone else, but i think it is a good thing to ask your drs about it.
    Amber

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
    Mel52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
    Re: ketamine compound

My pain management dr ordered it for me also but it also includes linocaine. I had a different compound before and it does help numb the pain. Unfortunately, my w.c. case carrier didn't pay the pharmacist like she said she would and he wont fill the new order. It has been a month and supposedly my attorney is working on it.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
    Gaollan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Gaollan HB UserGaollan HB UserGaollan HB User

That is wonderful news!! I've got bad dry skin on my feet and found that jergens ultra healing, well, it works wonders! I used it for just a couple of days and my skin felt and looked lots better. You might give it a try and see if it helps you as well. You're right though, if something is helping pain and/or sensitivity, then a small thing is worth the price.

Hugs,

Karen

Old 01-29-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
    gdbcap23
    (male)

gdbcap23 HB User

did you get Immediate relief from the cream or did you use it for awhile before you noticed a change?

Old 01-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
    sixftblnd
    (female)

sixftblnd HB User

How long does it last and how often do you have to reapply? I use a lido patch which is supposed to work for 12 hours, but it really only lasts a couple of hours and the tape I have to use to secure it to my knee irritates my skin. I keep using it because the good outweighs the bad.

Sherry

Old 02-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
    Scrufysdad
    (male)

Scrufysdad HB User

Wow, I am happy that this compound is working for you. I was able to get m PM dr to prescribe a Ketermine compound for my foot/leg, but he did warn me that it would possible burn. BURN!!! That was an understatment it should have removed skin off my leg and I couldn't stand the pain. So for those of you out there where it works......congrats!

Old 02-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #7
    Mel52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I posted earlier my case carrier didn't pay the bill for the compound. Now it has been rejected because the review board says it may not be safe. Oh but doing a ganglion block is? I still am going to try to get it through an appeal

Closed Thread