It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Need to ask the gals a question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
    RoseinSanDiego
    (female)

RoseinSanDiego HB User
    Smile Need to ask the gals a question

Hello,
    Was wondering if any of you gals have incontinence due to RSD? I'm only 49 but definitely having a problem that needs to be addressed.
    Was diagnosed with RSD in Sep/Oct of 2007. I know it messes up soooo many things in our bodies and before I try to read up on incontinence, figured I'd ask you first.
    I sure wish that RSD got more media attention. Even the RSD Association seems like a very small operation. We need to somehow educate everyone on this because with education comes understanding.
    Thanks for your replies,
    Deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Need to ask the gals a question

hi rose,unfortuently i do know what you are going thru here, but mine is not from RSD, it is from spinal cord involvment/damage. have you ever had at least the c spine or lumbar areas MRIed at some point? there could be many many possible reasons for what you are experiencing. it would just take some testing in certain areas and a full exam done on the bladder/kidneys to really find the true source. just where IS your RSD and what actually triggered it and where was that damage at?

my problem stemmed from the same thing that triggered my RSD, spinal cord damage where they also somehow managed to damage my sympathetic nervous system too. my RSD popped in a few months later in my knee.

honestly, unless there is some level of direct affectation to the genitourinary tract from your RSD, i have never heard of any connection between that and RSD, but i am not a doc either. alot really would depend upon extent of damage and where if this were to be the case,you know what i mean? i do hope you can find the source/reason for this soon. good luck hon,Marcia

Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 AM   #3
    RoseinSanDiego
    (female)

RoseinSanDiego HB User

hello,
    My RSD is in my left foot and ankle. Had foot surgery and somehow got messed up and was diagnosed with RSD in Oct of07. Never had any problems with my spine.
    Unable to sleep so figured I would get caught up with e-mails. It's nice and quiet.
    Take good care,
    Deb

Old 04-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
    susanb17
    (female)

susanb17 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RoseinSanDiego View Post
    Hello,
    Was wondering if any of you gals have incontinence due to RSD? I'm only 49 but definitely having a problem that needs to be addressed.
    Was diagnosed with RSD in Sep/Oct of 2007. I know it messes up soooo many things in our bodies and before I try to read up on incontinence, figured I'd ask you first.
    I sure wish that RSD got more media attention. Even the RSD Association seems like a very small operation. We need to somehow educate everyone on this because with education comes understanding.
    Thanks for your replies,
    Deb
    HI Deb,
    I don't know if I responded earlier or not. I also had incontinence. I was 48 yrs. old. I thought it was related to Lyrica so went off it and incontinence stopped. Unfortunately, my pain came back. So after taking Detrol La, etc. I finally had a procedure to stop the incontinence. I'm now back on Lyrica and doing well. SO who knows if it was ironic or what....
    Susan

Old 04-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
    harmony85
    Veteran
    (female)

harmony85 HB User

Hey ladies. I've been on my rsd pain management for a few months now and I'm seeing some side effects. I can go to the bathroom,I don't go every five minutes but it takes for ever for me to actually be able to go. I told my pm doc about this and he said as long as I keep going that it's ok for it to take a while. I don't really think so. So I asked him again. He recommended taking cranberry supplements to help keep the bladder and kidneys working like they should.I'm still having the same problem only becoming more frequent. I'll sit and sit and sit waiting to go. I really have to but for some reason I just can't.Some times it takes a few minutes to start. I am on heavy "in my opinion" pain pills.I was on lyrica for several months last fall but didn't see very good results with any pain so I was taken off of it because their were more side effects then benefits. Could the lyrica still be causing those problems? I know it's been a couple months since I last took it but can it still stay in your system or cause problems that far out? My pm doc thinks it's the muscle relaxer soma that I take plus the pain meds. But he doesn't think it's serious enough to listen to me and do something about it. Any advice would be great. Just needed to vent I guess too. This monster is hard enough to fight without any extra problems. Thanks in advance.
    Stay warm everyone,
    Deanne

Closed Thread