It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• vibrations causing pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
    harmony85
    Veteran
    (female)

harmony85 HB User
    vibrations causing pain?

Hi everybody,

So I've had rsd for quite some time now.I was diagnosed early last year.Since the winter time my rsd has traveled down my foot and now I have trouble through my whole left leg. I've been noticing lately that sitting in the car is making my pain worse. WAY worse. Sometimes I can't even get out of the car by my self anymore. I've been noticing the last few weeks,about a month that no matter how good I'm feeling that day as soon as I ride around in the car I get a big flare up. Does anyone else have these problems? What should I do? I can't not go anywhere.I do have responsibilities to my family but I'm just at a loss. How can I stop the vibrations from the car....I can't. Any advice would be great. With summer on it's way I would like to be able to do some things this year but how can I if I can't sit in the car for very long? Sorry to vent so much.This disease can just be very frustrating sometimes.
    Deanne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
    Gaollan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Gaollan HB UserGaollan HB UserGaollan HB User
    Re: vibrations causing pain?

A lot of us have vibration issues. LOL That sounds kind of bad. I'll rephrase....a lot of us have issues with riding in a car and as a result have more pain because of the vibrations that naturally come through the car. :-D

The only suggestion I have is pillows. It's in your left and your drive with your right, a pillow set on the floorboard, obviously it would have to be small/smallish, and not thin. That would help absorb some of the vibrations. Other than that, there's nothing else to do besides not getting in a car. I'm never in a car except for my doc visit once every 3 months. :-) Hubby does it all so, plus there's this little thing. You're not allowed to drive without a license. LOL I've never had a driver's license but I am a great driver. Shhhhhh

Sorry you've developed another not so great thing about rsd though.

Hugs,

Karen

Old 04-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
    tigerlily11
    (female)

tigerlily11 HB User

Hi Deanne,
    This RSD is constantly surprising us with new symptoms and challenges !!
    I'm not affected by vibrations yet, but .....who knows what's around the corner!!
    I had read on a post where someone had pain and flare from car vibrations and found some relief by keeping a lot of pillows in the car, especially to put under your feet to absorb the vibrations and bumps....at least this works if your not driving!!! I hope this works for you or at least helps even a little bit......
    Hugs and hopefully comfy trails!
    Tigerlily

Old 04-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #4
    popstarrdiva
    (female)

popstarrdiva HB User

So, I had this problem and also drove standard so we decided to try a different car. I test drove almost every make out there and let me tell you that, surprisingly enough, HYUNDAI is the winner. I would never have thought.
    It is the smoothest make out there. I start to think my car is bumpy again until I get in someone else's vehicle and just cringe. I am serious. It makes a huge difference and the good news is that they are not the most expensive to buy, but really good cars for us with RSD.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
    harmony85
    Veteran
    (female)

harmony85 HB User

Thank you everyone!! I love the advice that is given on the boards.Everyone just pulls together to help eachother with this horrible disease. I wish I could say more but I'm having a very bad pain day. You know how it is. Since it's now spring the weather has changed from cold and snow to cold and rain.Don't forget about the wind. The only good thing about today is I got my order confirmation for an rsd book that I've been wanting. Went on ******,bought it used and it cost less than 10 dollars including shipping.I can't wait to start reading it! Thanks again everyone,stay warm....Wishing everyone a good pain day
    Deanne

Old 04-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #6
    tigerlily11
    (female)

tigerlily11 HB User

Hi Harmony,
    I've ordered a few things from the web as well..books on neuropathy (so many symptoms and issues are similar to RSD) books on living with RSD, personal accounts of handling pain, meditation and relaxation tapes, a MediFocus Guide for RSD. It's very hard to walk around bookstores (virtually impossible now for me) so being able to order online is so helpful..as long as I watch my budget! Plus, you don';t feel the vibrations of the car!
    I am doing more reading now since I can't run around and walk like I used to, be-bopping here and there and everywhere......in an ironic way I'm calmer because i've had to curtail so many activities..frustrated but calmer....(depending on pain level) At work, I used to spend my lunch hour browsing in stores, running errands, walking for exercise..now I take my lunch to the breakroom and read and do "cell phone " errands...life has changed..always changing..
    I hope your pain level decreases soon. Stay warm up there in the northwest!
    Warmer weather is just round the corner..
    Happy reading,
    Tigerlily

Closed Thread