It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• please help! leg pain & jerking

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
    psychgirl
    (female)

psychgirl HB User
    please help! leg pain & jerking

on and off for the past two yrs (I believe it started happening after a wreck I had) my legs will start tightening up and hurt really bad especially if Im laying down or sitting. Then when I start to fall asleep they will spasm or jerk randomly, the doctors Ive talked to have no idea and i cant find anything on the net, can anyone tell me why this is happening? it lasts 2-5 days then kinda goes away, seems to happen if Ive sat for a long time (driving, at the computer, on the airplane)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: please help! leg pain & jerking

do you actually have confirmed RSD somewhere? what was found on any MRIs that showed your level of actual possible injuries along the spinal column or to your cord area? have you actually even had a full spinal MRI done like after the accident? this really does sound like some level of spasticity that considering you DID have an MVA of some kind, just could have or could be impacting your spinal cord. when they hit your knee with that little hammer, just how do the lower legs respond? do they 'just" bounce out normally or do they kind of forcefully jump out in reaction? hyper reflexia? just knowing the answers to the questions i asked would really help me to help you in the very best ways. Marcia

Old 10-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
    harmony85
    Veteran
    (female)

harmony85 HB User
    Re: please help! leg pain & jerking

Depending on what all has been done it could be other things. I have heard of some people getting Restless Leg Syndrome. Which does the things you describe. It could be a compressed nerve too. Either in the leg that is causing the spasms or a compressed nerve in the back. I would consult another doctor. Bring up the rsd and rls. See what they say and go from there.

Closed Thread