It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• RSD in both Feet -- Shoes???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #16
    daughterinpain
    (female)

daughterinpain HB User
    Smile Re: RSD in both Feet -- Shoes???

I was so glad to hear about the diabetic socks, my daughter has been going thru the feet and leg pain for about a week and we discussed these socks will certainly be getting her a pair. She was an R.N. and fell and broke a finger at work, RSD all over her body. Take care and God Bless Johnnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #17
    Cheri60
    (female)

Cheri60 HB User
    Re: RSD in both Feet -- Shoes???

These socks have helped more than any others I have tried, at least I can wear them long enough to get to the doctor and home. I still have swelling but wearing certain Sketcher shoes (very soft and much padded sole) and these socks help. At home, though, I still go barefoot.

This hasn't worked well, as I fell again about 3 weeks ago. My balance has just been off since I had the surgery on my feet for Morton's Neuroma.

Thanks so much for all who have replied and I will be praying for all of you. RSD is a pain that is unrelenting and difficult to explain to someone who has never heard of it before.

Thanks so much,
    Cheri

Old 02-08-2010, 06:08 AM   #18
    mrsconan
    (female)

mrsconan HB User

I agree socks on the feet don't work. I rather go without socks anyday. But then my foot freezes and the pain increases. I found putting a real light blanket over my feet and elevate my feet work the best to get the pain down. I also wear crock shoes. They are not expensive and they work awesome. I pray one day they find a cure for all of us who have RSD.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #19
    daughterinpain
    (female)

daughterinpain HB User

I pray also for a cure, and everyone I know also prays for you with RSD. Such a disease that no one knows about and so hard to describe when my daughter was hurting so bad. God Bless to all Johnnie

Old 02-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #20
    ld3340
    (male)

ld3340 HB User

Reiannasmommy, I am so sorry to hear about your feet. I see you tried to get ahold of me quite a while ago, and I have finally made it back to the boards. I too have RSd in my feet, and have gone through the swelling you speak of,, and have been through the SCS, stimulator too. I have for the last 3 years been getting injections at the pain clinic. They do a spinal nerve block, once a month, but at first it was every week for about 3 months!! But that is the only thing that took the swelling out of my feet and legs. When I got RSD i gained 25lbs in 2 weeks!! and now that my legs have gone down, I lost 15lbs. I would really like to speak in more detail with you, but I'll keep it short for the others here, and wait to see if you have more questions. I am sorry I was gone so long, but, I am back to stay!!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #21
    slfb2009
    (female)

slfb2009 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ld3340 View Post
    Reiannasmommy, I am so sorry to hear about your feet. I see you tried to get ahold of me quite a while ago, and I have finally made it back to the boards. I too have RSd in my feet, and have gone through the swelling you speak of,, and have been through the SCS, stimulator too. I have for the last 3 years been getting injections at the pain clinic. They do a spinal nerve block, once a month, but at first it was every week for about 3 months!! But that is the only thing that took the swelling out of my feet and legs. When I got RSD i gained 25lbs in 2 weeks!! and now that my legs have gone down, I lost 15lbs. I would really like to speak in more detail with you, but I'll keep it short for the others here, and wait to see if you have more questions. I am sorry I was gone so long, but, I am back to stay!!
    I have also gained a TON of weight since being diagnosed with RSD. The problem is that I have it in my leg and foot and therefore, am unable to do much of anything. It makes me crazy! I will be getting a permanent scs implant soon, I hope this will help me be more active to lose some of the weight.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #22
    Tweetyb
    (female)

Tweetyb HB User

I wear either indian moccasins or Softspots. Try to look for shoes that are wide and soft so there is no compression on the feet. I also wear Lidoderm patches for the pain.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #23
    Cheri60
    (female)

Cheri60 HB User

Thanks for our letter. I do go to a pain management clinic but tried the TNS unit and it literally drove me crazy. I talked to my doctor and we decided the stimulator wouldn't be the best way to go. However, I am going to have tests on meds to have a pain pump implanted in the next 2 or 3 months. Hopefully, the meds won't cause a bad reaction.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #24
    Cheri60
    (female)

Cheri60 HB User

I am SO glad you are going to try them. I will pray they help and that she gets relief.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #25
    harmony85
    Veteran
    (female)

harmony85 HB User

hey all,

I use lidoderm patches but the biggest thing that helps me and the pain from walking is microfleece. Micro fleece has become my friend,along with the heating pad,lol. I even have shoes that have the fleece inside them. Not only does if feel better but helps to keep my foot warm too. I have a TON of problems with cold and air so it's helped a lot. I do get a size to a size and a half bigger than I would normally because of having on and off swelling. Definitely look for things that give extra support too. I know it has made a world of difference with me when I do have to walk.
    Hope you find something that helps
    Deanne

Old 05-15-2010, 12:48 AM   #26
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luvlifeagain View Post
    Hi Cheri, I have the same problem my RSD spread into my feet and i have been wearing my daughters shoes(a size bigger) b/c i cant take anything on my feet. Someone told me about the furry crocs-they are so soft and light. I can't get over how heavy shoes feel now. The furry inserts come out so they can be washed. They are not the best looking but sure feel good. Donna
    Crocs are excellent and I have found them to be the best!! Fit Flops are also comfortable for the feet too.

I have found the salonpas - overthe counter patches containing camphor and menthol to be very effective for the burning and severe cramping

Last edited by ms_west; 05-15-2010 at 01:03 AM.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #27
    Scrufysdad
    (male)

Scrufysdad HB User

After reading all of your posts about which type of footwear to get you all seem to be bent on Crocs. I've had RSD since 2005 in my right ankle/foot and hence it has been virtually impossible for me to wear shoes at all. My walking ability was stagnant in the beginning of my disease. After months on crutches, then a SCS I was able to try shoes again just to get me around. I would like to offer this type of shoe...........MULES.............as they so call it. As a man it is very, very diffilcult to find these, but for women they are everywhere. Slip it on, slilde it off. I'm able to do just that. Enough to get me to the car then off, enought to get me onto my scooter, then off! My wife purchased crocs and frankly I find them more bother then anything. In fact I find those to be very slippery and if I fall I'm in big trouble. You should really look into those shoes. Mules don't have a strap, so you don't have to "cut" anything off. Some are really soft, some not and even the backing of the shoe isn't that high that it irratates your heal if you are real sensitive. So try to see what you can get.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #28
    Jwells2006
    (male)

Jwells2006 HB User

Hi cheri ,

I have had RSD now for 7 years i have been there done that meds, nerve blocks epiderals . It started in my left foot and now in my knee . Just like u its hard to wear shoes. I got a pair of nice sandals and a pair of 26.00 dollars hombras shoes just slip on and off so far so good got them at walwart.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #29
    almr
    (female)

almr HB User

Hi, this is the first time I've been on this website. I'm so sorry that you have r.s.d let alone in both feet. How long have you had r.s.d.? I have it on my left side (leg and arm) my right leg mimics the same symptoms.I wear regular shoes when I go to church or if I do much walking (which isn't really that much). Anywhere else I where flipflops. I don't know what you can or can't say on this website. as far as letting someone know about the meds. a person takes. I've also had it for around 20 yrs. The drs. didn't catch it for the first 1-1/2--2yrs. The drs. were looking for a bone problem and it was a nerve problem, when they finally realized what I had the bone had already softened up they were surprized I wasn't in a wheelchair. At that time I just wanted my leg cut off. I didn't care anymore. If you want to talk more I will talk more later. almr

Old 06-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #30
    almr
    (female)

almr HB User

I hope I can reply here, but I heard someone is whereing crocs I think thats what there called. I'm sure you will here about them on the internet. I hope this information will help some. almr

Closed Thread