It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Results POST Lumbar Sympathetic BLock-NEED ADVICE!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
    CMJH
    (male)

CMJH HB User
    Red face Results POST Lumbar Sympathetic BLock-NEED ADVICE!

Hello! I'm new here! I found the site browsing for info on results after lumbar sympathetic Blocks. I was diagnosed recently with CRPS. This was a result from an injury to my left knee. A week ago I had my first block done, during it, I felt severe pain all the way down my leg-the doc had to order more 'happy juice' and ask me to lay still he was almost done. After this block, it took about an hour to see any difference. My foot then became really warm and it went to about my ankle..the rest didn't really warm til later, but not like my foot had. The pain was reduced a bit, which I was thankful for any relief. That lasted about a day and half when the pain came back with a vengence.
    I had a second block done today..This time it only took about half hour to notice change. I felt the pain had reduced a bit again. On the ride home however, I began to notice.. My whole left side from my pelvic area down to my mid calf (on the inside of my leg) is numb. I can't feel it. I am worried that this is not right. Could something have went wrong? I can't feel my leg or my manhood, and I'm starting to worry. The pain is still there on the outside of my knee.
    Should I be worried or is this loss of feeling normal???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2011, 03:23 AM   #2
    Homie2011
    (female)

Homie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB User
    Re: Results POST Lumbar Sympathetic BLock-NEED ADVICE!

You are just fine.....its ok and normal...I get lumbar blocks....and i look forward to that warm soothing feeling. Thats the only pain relief I get. Each time he does the block he will get better and hit that spot everytime....what you had with the first black was called vengence pain...RSD didnt like the block and it showed you...RSD is such a lil kid...

blocks are temp...but they say the more you do the better off....blocks are like candy to me now...its a waste..if its bad enought I'll do an Epidural but i have to be in 911 mode....
    What you feel is normal...enjoy it.....cuz its all you got for now....

Numbness will go away fairly fast (call your doc if it does not go away within 8-10 hours) unless he gave you a lil punch, like my doc does..you should be back to your painself in no time and be begging for another injection real soon!

Next block, tell doc he is not covering foot and he will fan out injection better or go to a different lumbar site...dont the injection sites hurt for a long time ugh! i hate that.
    Kim

Last edited by Homie2011; 02-17-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:35 AM   #3
    Homie2011
    (female)

Homie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB User

one more thing...yes your "manhood" will be affected temp..not forever silly.....my area gets numb too....oddest feeling ever...feels like its going to fall off.....check this out which i am sooooooooo sad bout it. not!..I am getting Lumbar Spinal Cord Stimulator and one of the side effects...Ta Da! orgasism.....YAY! me I'll be at WalMart getting down with my badself...lol...have to look at bright side of things right?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
    CMJH
    (male)

CMJH HB User

Thankyou for your reply! I appreciate that! The numbness did end up going away in the middle of the night. I was concerned as that wasn't something I was told to expect. Yes, I found that my back was really sore for most of the week after the first injections, this time tho, they put a freezing in while proceding with the block..maybe that helped because its not so bad this time around.
    haha you might even make the 'walmart shoppers' photo album for those mass emails everyone gets a few times a year...titled "the look on this lady's face says it all"
    Thanks for the laugh, I can use all those I can get

Closed Thread