It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• questions re crps..some drs think i have it, one doesnt

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
    wendyk33
    (female)

wendyk33 HB Userwendyk33 HB User
    questions re crps..some drs think i have it, one doesnt

hi. I am sorry for posting so much but am full of questions. I have severe leg pain eversince i tore my calf muscle in Jan 2010. Acutally, I tore it twice in jan, once in Feb and a final time in March of 2010. My leg never really got better after my last tear in march. The pain was very localized to my calf at first then things started to change about May of 2010. My leg started to become very painful when i sit and turns a dusky red/blue color. At first i thought it was a blood clot bc it was so swollen but the dr said no. then the pain started to get progressivly worse. fast forward to now and I have pain right up to my hip, a burning aching pain that sometimes drives me almost insane. I rarely sit and have meals with my family anymore bc sitting at the table for that long is very painful and by the time i am finished my leg is almost purple. Sometimes it feels like I have bugs crawling under my skin and i get a pins and needle sensation, almost like asleep but not quite. i cant wear shoes...when i go out i wear them but have to take them off in the car. the pain at night is terrible, trying to get comfortable with blankets on my leg is hard. Living up here in Canada, gets pretty cold and thats hard too, cold affects the pain levels. I went to 4 drs who said i have crps and then one quack...(sorry if I upset anyone with that) who said i was making it up and to go to physio and back to work...im lazy... Needless to say i was going to start physio, which i stopped in sept by the recommendation of the pyhsiotherapist bc it was making me worse. I didnt start physio bc another dr there examined me and siad i have crps and not to start physio until it was ruled out. the only recomendation the physo said was not to walk with a limp!

My question (finally eh!) The reason the one dr didnt think i had crps was bc he siad sitting shouldnt cause pain with crps and that is one of my worst times for pain. also he said that my leg would naturally turn color from hanging down. do any of u have pain when sitting? Is that when u get ur color changes? Also, my leg is feeling very heavy. Is this normal? I also am taking 3 tylenol 3s every 4 hours with out relief. Is there anything better? I am soon going to have to go back to work and need to have this pain under control without being snowed under with drugs so any info would be great. I just had an mri las month which showed increased swelling on my calf since last april and increased fluid levels in my calf. Aslo, i have a nerve conduction study planned for wed. Does crps show up in these? thanks

whew....that was long!

wendy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
    painman2009
    Veteran
    (male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User
    Re: questions re crps..some drs think i have it, one doesnt

ohhhh. see i have some of those symptoms and yes depending on where i sit pain does get wors.. now i also suffered from a blood clot and i will tell you sitting made my leg turn purplish black right quick.. so I have something to compare to.. i wonder if they ever did a test on you to see if you had a clot or if it=s assumed (not say this cldnt be rsd as well) im no dr but i can compare in experience.pooling of blood would happen if valves in vein were givving as well as swelling If you didnt get tested by (i thing=k its sono gram or something like it) i would definatly ask. ..that said my clot is cleared and has been for almost 2 years and i still experience symptoms like that and it is RSD.. as far as test showing it it is possible but not guarenteed its different for every one..including the tests used to determine ..they still rely on process of elimination. ask tthe doctors who say this is RSD about what i said see what they say. I would trust thier judgment before a doc who says its all in you head.. good luck to you

Closed Thread