It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Rsd/crps

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
    snowman2
    (male)

snowman2 HB Usersnowman2 HB User
    Rsd/crps

Hello i haveRSD/CRPS and looking for feed back on what medications anyone is taking for this awfull illness and what is working for them . Also what hassent and what side affects you have dealt with thanks Snoman2

The following user gives a hug of support to snowman2:
    jess731 (03-26-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2013, 04:56 AM   #2
    exyeti
    (male)

exyeti HB User
    Re: Rsd/crps

Hi,
    I've had CRPS in my right wrist for 2 years, here are some of the meds tried:
    Gabapentin -- made me really spaced out and had little effect.
    Pregabalin -- much the same.
    Cymbalta -- Made me really ill so had to stop taking.
    Steriods -- no effect.
    Tramadol -- limmited pain relief, but unable to work with them.
    Amitryptaline -- use it now to aid sleep, works well on a use when needed basis.
    Oxycodene - Use it to take the edge off pain.

In my experience there has been nothing medication wise that has completely stopped my pain. The only thing that i personaly have found to work is electro stimulation.

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to exyeti For This Useful Post:
    snowman2 (03-26-2013)
    Old 03-26-2013, 05:23 AM   #3
    snowman2
    (male)

Yes the same medications for me have not helped my doctors kept pushing gabapentin over 3000mg a day i felt no relief just felt like a zombie noe im off also gave severe dry mouth now im looking into a spinal cord stimulator god i hope this works as far as pain meds the oxycontin 20mg x 3 a day , oxycodone 10mg 4x a day and i have flare ups everyday that last aboit 3 houres and i take ucynta 75mg but then i cant uranate so its a battle

Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #4
    snowman2
    (male)

Unhappy Re: Rsd/crps and insomnia

I have RSD/CRPS and dont know what to do to trear insomnia i went to a sleep clinic and completed there study with all there computers and cords the doctor determined that i wasnt getting the sleep i needed and that was the end of it wow thank you for confirming what i allready know now i hope that i can turn to peaple that actually are living with RSD and let me know what you are doing to get sleep that is so important thank you Snowman2

Old 03-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
    exyeti
    (male)

exyeti HB User

You are on a loosing battle for sleep taking oxcodene!

I find if i don't take the oxycodene and take an amitryptaline i get 'some' sleep.

I know where you are comming from though, the exhaustion is sometimes more debilitating than the pain!

Old 03-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #6
    snowman2
    (male)

Smile Re: Rsd/crps

Thankyou for your feedback i was given amatryptoline 10mg recently from one of my doctors so i tried it last night and was able to go back to sleep for a couple more hours before the pain took over snowman2

Old 03-28-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
    exyeti
    (male)

exyeti HB User

That's good news!

I find it works better if you dont use it for 2-3 nights!

Glad it helped!!!

Old 03-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
    TrustinHim4life
    (female)

TrustinHim4life HB User

Hi, this is my first time using this website so I hope it gets to you. I also have CRPS and I have tried all these medications. None of them worked for me either. I had all kinds of crazy side effects. You must be careful of serotonin syndrome being on all of that too! I just got my spinal stimulator placed in last Tuesday. I just got turned on yesterday but it's going to take awhile to get used too. But it's like my last option so I pray that it works!! I also got really bad insomnia from oxycodone. I found that pain medication didn't even touch my CRpS pain so I got off it. I now am suffering from depression and anxiety which is getting much better with medication and therapy. I am taking Prozac, Wellbutrin and remeron. The remeron is what I take for sleep and it has been amazing!! I recommend it, I only take half of the dissolving pill at night. But my nights are the worst because of CRpS pain and since taking this it had been better. I hope this helps!!

The Following User Says Thank You to TrustinHim4life For This Useful Post:
    snowman2 (03-29-2013)
    Old 03-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #9
    snowman2
    (male)

Thankyou for the feedback sounds like your in the same situation the endocete 10mg is what i take in the night but then i cant sleep or oxycodone there all the same so now im down to the SCS and i pray for you and me that it works because nothing else has for very long i bounce around from pain meds to injections SGNB,s and its getting really old i need some hope that i will find my nich . Keep me posted on how your doing thankyou snowman2

Old 03-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
    cyndel
    (female)

cyndel HB Usercyndel HB User

I take 3000mg of Gabapentin daily and although it doesn't seem like they are helping, all I have to do is be late taking them and I realize how much they are working. I don't have those side effects from them though. I also take Oxycodone to take the edge off. I must say though, what has helped me more than anything is acupuncture. My foot doesn't swell anymore, change color and it also took away the worst of what I call electric shock pain. I don't know if they would have to have a lot of knowledge of RSD to help you but I would imagine so. It is certainly worth a try! Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to cyndel For This Useful Post:
    snowman2 (03-30-2013)
    Old 03-31-2013, 04:26 AM   #11
    snowman2
    (male)

I appreciate all feedback as to what is working for everyone who has RSD/CRPS because what works for one doesnt for another . I tried acupunture and it didnt help me it just made it worse so i keep looking keep intouch and have a nice Easter holiday snowman2

Old 03-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
    jewlz67
    (female)

jewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB User

Happy Easter Snowman!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jewlz67 For This Useful Post:
    snowman2 (04-01-2013)
    Old 04-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #13
    snowman2
    (male)

Wink Re: Rsd/crps

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jewlz67 View Post
    Happy Easter Snowman!!!
    God I hate this illness it's nice to be able to talk to someone with the same illness for no one knows what I'm dealing with I look ok so there for I should be alright but I'm not

The following user gives a hug of support to snowman2:
    jess731 (04-02-2013)
    Old 04-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #14
    jewlz67
    (female)

jewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB User

I understand completely!!!! I was gonna tell you, I'm like Cyndel, I didn't think the Gabapentin was working until I missed a dose. I was out all day today (unplanned of course) and I didn't have my meds with me and missed the dose of Gabapentin, Robaxin (muscle relaxer) and Percocet....oh boy, was I in A LOT of pain!!! My husband was the only one that could see it. He made the comment to me that our kids needed to step it up and start helping out! Even though he understands, he really doesn't "know" what it is that we go through!!! The RSD recently spread to my other foot and now this morning, my left arm has been TOTALLY on fire!!! Anything touching my skin is really bothering me on that arm!!! Don't really know what else I'm gonna be doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to jewlz67 For This Useful Post:
    snowman2 (04-04-2013)
    Old 04-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #15
    snowman2
    (male)

Be a friend and know your not alone that's all we can do is get support I wish that I never had surgery on my left foot things weren't this bad although I was getting injections with steroid from my pediatrist they helped for about a year and one day I went to the state fair with my wife and going back home we had to wait in line for a bus I passed out from the pain the next day I scheduled surgery for tarsal tunnel and my life hasn't been the same since within in 2weeks I got RSD my foot was swollen purple and ice cold like I've never felt my pain clinic started aggressively treating me with SGNBs every week for 6 months I couldn't take it any more my doctors said just hang in there we caught this early so you have a good chance of kicking this into remission but instead it traveled to my right foot and now I'm alternating one side to the other every other week this is very painfully sickening I've lost my business flipping homes my wife and I did 6or8 homes a year but I can't work for more than a hour then I'm done for the day because of the pain I'm on disability now and we kept several homes to rent out so we can get by but I fight pain every day 24/7 this has been I life changing experience we had a booming business with many employees and sub contractors I miss them all we lost our home to the bank but got it back thank god and had to sell our lake home that we had for over 20 years all this in a year and a half now all I do is go to the doctor and when I feel good I try to do stuff with family and friends but its like you said if I miss my medication I'm screwed it seams like no matter how much I try I mess things up with this monster RSD it ruins my fun time my wife feels helpless and so do I please keep in touch snowman2

Reply Reply

Tags
    medication, rsd, side affects