It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

Advice?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
annaliz2013
(female)

annaliz2013 HB User
Advice?

Hi, I was diagnosed with RSD in my right hand (which is my dominant hand) when I was 16, I'm not 18 but I have a few questions, because I'm seeing my rheumatologist in 2 weeks time and am unsure of how to approach my fear that it's spreading with him. I have been suffering with the exact same symptoms in my left hand for just over a year, so I'm convinced that it is also affected with RSD - it often becomes so painful I can't actually rest it on anything, and had to be given a laptop and special considerations for all of my exams.

Also, since January I've been having trouble with my feet and ankles. I dance, so this is obviously a huge problem for me; in the winter/cold weather my feet almost feel like they are frozen and I feel like I am walking on blocks of ice rather than actual feet - however, when I get inside/anywhere warm they do start to burn as my hands do when they've been exposed to the cold. My largest 'flare up' in my feet since the end of the cold weather, however started on Saturday evening following a competition. I've worked for much longer periods of time earlier in the year, but the pain was nothing compared to what I felt when I sat down at the end of the day. It was like an intense burning (again) and stabbing pain right up both my legs to the knee, and the area around my achilles tendon is swollen on painful on both feet, as well as the skin over both feet being mottled and tender.

I know it may seem stupid, but I don't know how to approach these new symptoms with him because I'm terrified that he will tell me that I am no longer able to dance because of it (I'm pretty certain that if it is RSD in my feet it's been brought on by dance related injuries). Any advice would be much appreciated...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply