It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

rsd ? need advice

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
feri68
(female)

feri68 HB User
rsd ? need advice

i slippen and dislocated my wrist the ortho and his partner pushed my wrist back together and put me in a cast for 3 weeks and took xrays saying looks good i mention cast was tight but the said if i can handle it its a lucky cast as all looks good so for 46 days i wore a tight cast that smashed my pinky and the cast was high and i couldnt do much now my hand is out after 34 days swelling down in wrist but not in fingers they say maybe rsd as some discoloration comes and goes and wrist swelling down and am stating to move it but the fingers are starting to worry me i am going intoday to see if for sure i have rsd and if i do i am so worried scared and so on doing blocks in my throat?? if i have it is there anything else i can do as thats to much for me to handle

The following user gives a hug of support to feri68:
JohnathanM (08-30-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
jewlz67
(female)

jewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB User
Re: rsd ? need advice

I know it's tough when you get that kind of diagnosis and scary as well. The nerve blocks can be very helpful. The first one I had helped me tremendously with the pain. The best thing you can do for yourself more than anything is, keep trying to move your hand and fingers...even if it hurts to do so. Not to overdo it, just to keep trying to move it. NEVER let them put ice on it!!! Ice will make it worse! Some physical therapists, and even the doctors, do not understand that! I have RSD in my feet, left leg, and back. After therapy, they wanted to use ice on me. You would think that they would know better but they don't most of the time! Do a lot of reading and research. The more YOU know about the disease, the better off you will be! Knowledge is power and you are your biggest advocate! I used to let the doctors intimidate me because I figured they knew better since they were the doctors, I no longer am intimidated and will let them know what treatments and medications I will do and what I wont do! We are here when you need us! This is a wonderful site!!!!

Reply Reply