It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• RSD/CRPS and isolation

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #31
    JohnathanM
    (male)

JohnathanM HB UserJohnathanM HB UserJohnathanM HB UserJohnathanM HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jewlz67 View Post
    Cyndel, I have just told people that I'm gonna put that Bling stuff on my cane and that I'm giving it a name since it's my new best friend. My cane's name is Ilene. :-P I told Snowman2 that one before. I'm just trying to keep my sense of humor through all of this and hold on to all that I can for as long as I can! I understand that each of us are in different stages with this stupid disease. Unless the Lord heals me, I know I'm not to far from that. For now though, as for myself, I'm using the walls and my cane. I looked at those 5 flops online, I don't think I could wear those even before my injury. I have never been able to handle anything between my toes. Snowman2, I may have to do what you are doing and get the sheepskin slippers.
    Hehe I like that. I think I'll name mine too (both of them). They shall now be known as Spongebob & Gary. Haha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #32
    JohnathanM
    (male)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cyndel View Post
    Jewlz, that is a cute name for your cane!! Also, maybe a good idea to bling it out!! I wish mine was invisible but since it isn't, maybe I should think about doing it too.
    Hehe. Yeah put all types of jewels & bling on it hehe

Old 09-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #33
    jewlz67
    (female)

jewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB User
    Re: RSD/CRPS and isolation

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnathanM View Post
    Hehe I like that. I think I'll name mine too (both of them). They shall now be known as Spongebob & Gary. Haha
    Johnathan, that is hilarious!!!! I literally laughed out loud!!! Laughter is the best medicine. A cheerful heart is good for the soul.

The Following User Says Thank You to jewlz67 For This Useful Post:
    JohnathanM (09-11-2013)
    Old 09-12-2013, 04:07 AM   #34
    snowman2
    (male)

snowman2 HB Usersnowman2 HB User

Quote:
    I know. U can find one too. Check Ebay and Craigslist. I found mine on craigslist
    Jonathan thanks ill have to look for one on eBay for renting gets expensive and I don't know how you get it around but I saw a car with a trailer hitch and then you put this flat bed with a ramp on that it looked really cool here I thought I'd have to buy a van or something they have come along way and my pride is back and fourth but I want to enjoy what I'm doing not suffer for if I walk more than like 50 yards I'm shot so if my doctor won't approve it then ill look on these sights thanks snowman2

Old 09-12-2013, 04:17 AM   #35
    snowman2
    (male)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cyndel View Post
    I am not on workman's comp or anything, didn't figure my insurance would pay for it so just bought it myself off of ebay. The one I got was only 675 with free shipping and it has been worth it's weight in gold. I can walk and do walk but only short distances, like 15-20 yards is my limit or I really pay for it so to me it was very limiting. Dr.s and PTs always say to walk and of course you should as much as you can but everyone has their limits as to how much they can without suffering so it doesn't make sense to me to push yourself past your limits and then pay dearly for it. That is how I think anyway.
    I agree 100% why suffer and wreck your outing I would only use the scooter for long distance I can't even go through the grocery store or mall without one god I used to hate those mall walkers that you see lol!!! i don't know why but now I would give anything to be able to do that

Old 09-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #36
    snowman2
    (male)

Quote:
    Hey cyndel that is the same brand of scooter we bought. Is yours a 4 wheeler or 3 wheeler?
    I think I saw that model recently when I was at the fair my wife stopped this guy riding it and asked him how he gets it from place to place and he said it comes apart but it seemed a bit small I'm over 6 foot so I'm going to have to keep looking

Old 09-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #37
    snowman2
    (male)

Quote:
    Hey cyndel that is the same brand of scooter we bought. Is yours a 4 wheeler or 3 wheeler?
    That's a good idea going to a medical supply store ill have to look around

Old 09-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #38
    JohnathanM
    (male)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snowman2 View Post
    I think I saw that model recently when I was at the fair my wife stopped this guy riding it and asked him how he gets it from place to place and he said it comes apart but it seemed a bit small I'm over 6 foot so I'm going to have to keep looking
    I'm 6'2" and weight about 250 and the 4wheeled model is fine for me

Old 09-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #39
    cyndel
    (female)

cyndel HB Usercyndel HB User

There are so many brands and styles and sizes that it would help a lot to be able try it out before buying. Mine is a very small one but I am not very big so it is fine. It does come apart and goes in the trunk but I could not do it by myself only because of my new hips. I really wouldn't want to be any taller for the model I have though. The larger ones sometimes don't come apart but those racks that go on the back of a vehicle look like the clear answer for that. If you are in an area with a lot of Craig's listing, that should be the best way to go since the larger ones can get pricey. Good luck, I know I would be totally lost without mine!

The Following User Says Thank You to cyndel For This Useful Post:
    snowman2 (09-14-2013)
    Reply Reply

Tags
    crps, isolation, pain, rsd, suffering