It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

RSD with Family & Work

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
mmt2012
(female)

mmt2012 HB User
RSD with Family & Work

After a car accident in 2012 I now have RSD in majority of my left leg. I tried many pt sessions, nerve blocks and spinal stimulator with no relief. The RSD is so intense that water or even wind passing my limb triggers pain beyond belief. I have tried to juggle my family and work. However, as each day passes I only have a few min of sleep and try to be normal in front of my children. I try and work to keep my mind from the pain however that is becoming a struggle. I used to be a vibrant young woman who now can barely take care of herself let alone her children. My husband is great, yet it kills me to ask him for help in regards to everything since I am no longer whole and over taken by pain. It is so sad that my youngest knows never to touch my left leg as that would hurt me. Any suggestions on treatments or meds that have worked would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
sswallow
(female)

sswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB User
Re: RSD with Family & Work

Hi mmt, my son apparently had RSD for two or three years, although it may not have been diagnosed correctly, afte an ankle injury, and is now better, although I am aware that children heal better (he was 8 or 9 and started getting properly better round about 11/12 and is fully better with some ligament weakness now, at 13. His symptoms were extreme continuous pain, electric shocks etc and his knee locked so his feet couldn't cross when walking and his left leg lagged behind the front one permanently by about two feet.
We calmed the pain with reading, and self hypnossis - this soetimes took the edge off.
We warmed his limbs with warm tea towels for 10 minutes,them warmed oil with lemon balm in and GENTLY massaged across ankle and kne for 10 min, then he initlally imagined moving the joints 30 times, leading to minute contraction 30 times, leading to saller movemnt thirty times which increasedin size over the years until he could bring his legs together. We did the massage each evening wartching TV and he would also try the 30x movements at other times of day.
Good luck

Reply Reply