It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

Advice needed

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Bratette19
(female)

Bratette19 HB User
Advice needed

I have RSD and have a SCS since August. I have been having seizures. Yes seizures. The doctor I see tells me I could be having serve jerking. I hate the doctor I have but it is a workers comp so I am limited on my doctors.

Has anyone heard anything about RSD and seizures?

Last edited by Bratette19; 11-19-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2013, 02:32 AM   #2
sswallow
(female)

sswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB User
Re: Advice needed

No, but one of the drugs my son was offered was also an epilepsy drug (didn't take it, cannot remember what it was) and we have epilepsy in he family - might be worth some research since there's some stuff about epilepsy being a progressive disease too

Old 11-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
jewlz67
(female)

jewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB User
Re: Advice needed

I have never heard of seizures with RSD or from having the SCS. What type of meds are you taking? Maybe it's from the meds, never know, but worth checking out. Look up your medications online and see what side effects that it has. Also, if you are not already on it, request to take the drugs for epilepsy. I take Neurontin (Gabapentin) and that is an epilepsy drug. There are others who have taken Topamax as well. Again, an epileptic drug. I know what you mean though with work comp doctors...I have a work comp case going right now. Last week my doctor prescribed a muscle relaxer and I am STILL waiting on approval for it!

Reply Reply