It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

Sweating part of RSD

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
ncal
(female)

ncal HB User
Unhappy Sweating part of RSD

Is there anything at all to be done about excessive sweating as a result of having RSD/CRPS? This has become a big problem for me. This happens when I eat or when I exert myself the least little bit. For the most part I have received no advice from doctors.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
JohnathanM
(male)

JohnathanM HB UserJohnathanM HB UserJohnathanM HB UserJohnathanM HB User
I'm really not sure that this would be caused by CRPS/RSD. I've not heard anyone else having this but symptoms can be different for everyone

Old 02-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
megina
(female)

megina HB User
Re: Sweating part of RSD

I too suffer from excessive sweating, have since I was "lucky" enough to get RSD. I shower and before I can even begin drying my hair or putting on make-up I'm dripping. I sit to watch tv, not moving at all, and out of nowhere it begins on my head and works downward. I have RSD on my right side in both my leg and my arm My dr. says it IS attributable to my RSD. We have tried some homeopathic meds, with no luck yet. I keep instant ice packs on hand always, when an "episode" comes on and lasts beyond 20-30 min I find an ice pack at the base of my neck or on my forehead can help. You can ask your Dr about homeopathic options to try, I know some have worked for other patients under my Dr's care. Good luck!!!

Old 03-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
krow46
(male)

krow46 HB Userkrow46 HB User

Hi there, sweating is definitely a symptom od RSD/CRPS. Go to your search engine and type in Dr. H.Hooshmand and once on his site go to last column and it's the second one up from the bottom, "symptoms". I have seen and talked with this DR. and he is great but, retired. I saw him 19 years ago when I got my RSD/CRPS. That site has everything you need to know about RSD. You still need to do more research though as things change every day as more people get educated about pain that they can't see. I am currently on his diet, check it out and see how the food we eat accelerates our pain. He goes into detail of the chemistry of what the food does to nervous system....... Good luck and may your pain be tolerable.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:06 AM   #5
shequest
(female)

shequest HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncal View Post
Is there anything at all to be done about excessive sweating as a result of having RSD/CRPS? This has become a big problem for me. This happens when I eat or when I exert myself the least little bit. For the most part I have received no advice from doctors.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:10 AM   #6
shequest
(female)

shequest HB User

I for the past 3 years have been getting terrible sweats. It seems to come before pain hits, and most of the time for no reason. I will start with getting extremely hot, then the heat and sweating starts at my head, the sweat will run down into my eyes and drip off my chin, then it travels all the way down to my feet.
So Yes, I am sure it is from the RSD.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #7
shequest
(female)

shequest HB User

I have that type of sweating also. Have had RSD diagnosed since 1987, it has spread and my pain was mostly under control until the Dr.s of BC decided that they will not prescribe and opiods to patients, unless they are dying of cancer.
My prior Dr. told me that the sweating was caused by the Suboxone he had given me for pain. Suboxone did not do the trick with the deepest of pain, and have been off it since Dec./14 and still get the sweating. And it is enough to drip of my nose, run into my eyes, and run down face and drip off chin. The sweating will travel down my body to my feet, but is not as copious as on my face.
I have no idea how to stop it or get in under control. It seems to happen just before a wave of pain starts. Afterwords I get extremely fatigued.

Reply Reply