It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

Recently diagnosed with CRPS

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
One foot
(female)

One foot HB User
Recently diagnosed with CRPS

Right before ankle anthroscopy surgery in April the anesthesiologist informs me he has to do a block before surgery while I am awake. He does it under ultrasound. He proceeds to do this behind my knee area to numb my leg and foot. During this procedure all of a sudden I get this excruciating pain throughout my body and both my left arm and leg flew up simultaneously. I knew something happened but wasn't completely sure what or the extent of the injury. I knew it hurt in that moment, but I thought that was it. Soon after I'm getting a local, had the surgery and I wake up feeling cool. Of course I'm completely numb from just below the knee to my toes and I'm in a cast. Finally when the numbness starts to wear off I'm having all sorts of painful things going on in my foot and leg. 4 mos after this injury, I have test done and they reveal that it was my sciatic nerve he hit. That's problem #1 Now that has apparently turned in problem #2 CRPS. I'm very angry and confused.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply