It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

RSD vs. RLS

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #1
WeirdItch0512
(female)

WeirdItch0512 HB User
RSD vs. RLS

Hello to all! I am new to the health boards, but some recent suffering has brought me here to seek answers. A brief synopsis of my history: I had left knee surgery almost 6 years ago. After the surgery, I was diagnosed with RSD. I was healed through desensitization and and have been symptom-free until a few months ago. I am now suffering from what sounds exactly like Restless Leg Syndrome, but I wondered if it could be the RSD returned to rear it's ugly head? The strange sensations, compelling me to move and/or stretch my right leg, start in the afternoon when I sit to relax and watch TV and worsen as the night progresses. It wakes me out of a sound sleep. It can be stimulated by someone moving the sheet over my leg, and I cannot tolerate anything or anyone touching it when these sensations start. I am losing sleep and am having a hard time relaxing. I eat yogurt, ingest vinegar, and have begun taking Vitamin B12. I am massaging, stretching, and sleeping with a heating pad on. I am not anemic. Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The following user gives a hug of support to WeirdItch0512:
TURTLEGREEN (01-12-2015)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
TURTLEGREEN
Inactive
(female)

TURTLEGREEN HB UserTURTLEGREEN HB User
Re: RSD vs. RLS

hi weirditch and welcome. sorry you have rsd. even though rsd can go into remission it can still come back again. the symptoms you are describing sound like rsd symptoms. you don't need to have all the symptom of rsd or have the symptoms be in the same spot for it to be rsd again. if i were you i would check with a neurologist and pain management dr to help you manage your pain. i don't know much about rls but i never heard of it causing pain to the touch. it sounds more like rsd is back but i am not a dr so check with drs who know what rsd is and how to treat it so you don't suffer like you are with your pain in your leg. if its waking you up at night then they can help you manage your pain with meds and maybe pt combined. i have had rsd for almost four years. it started in my right wrist and hand after i broke my wrist and then spread up my arm to my shoulder to all of my limbs, stomach and mouth. though i have had the initial swelling go down a bit i have lost movement in my wrist and partial in my fingers. my pm dr and physchiatrist prescribe pain meds and antidepressants which help me manage my pain and depression from rsd a little better and also helps me sleep a little more at night though the pain sometimes wakes me up still too. i hope your drs can confirm what you have and help you manage your pain and that you feel better soon. i'm here if you need to talk more. sending soft hugs your way.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-14-2015 at 12:21 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to TURTLEGREEN For This Useful Post:
WeirdItch0512 (01-12-2015)
Reply Reply