It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• My girlfriend says she needs time to herself and may be interested in someone else

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
    justben115
    (male)

justben115 HB User
    My girlfriend says she needs time to herself and may be interested in someone else

Last night my girlfriend of 3 years took me out to dinner & drinks for my birthday. It was (what I thought) the perfect birthday. After dinner we headed to a local lounge to have some drinks and listen to good music. As the night progressed, I noticed my girl drinking more than usual. After a few shots I can say that she was more than buzzed so I decided that maybe it was time for us to call it a night. She did not take too kindly to this and we got into an argument and during this argument she literally blurted out that although she loves me, and always will, she's just not in love with me anymore.

I was totally blindsided by this. After the initial shock of what I just heard wore off, I asked her what was it that made her fall out of love with me, and that if there was anything I could do to win back her heart? She proceeded to tell me that she has been feeling like this for a while now, and that one of the biggest reasons was that according to her, I lost my passion. She admitted that she has developed some type of feelings for a coworker who has been giving her the attention I haven't been giving her for some time and that while we were at my birthday dinner date all she could think of was her coworker, and that she may want to explore her options and needs some time.... =(

I was floored, and devastated. I felt as though I was kicked in the stomach. I am at a loss right now, and honestly don't know how to handle this situation? How do I proceed? Do I try winning back her heart? Do I let go? I really don't know what to do....

Last edited by justben115; 04-27-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: My girlfriend says she needs time to herself and may be interested in someone els

let her go, at least she was honest enough not to cheat on you

Old 04-27-2015, 10:31 AM   #3
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: My girlfriend says she needs time to herself and may be interested in someone els

In the end it is her decision and all you can do is to carry on. You cannot "win" somebody back when they have reached this point. There is nothing you can do. Sera

Old 04-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #4
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

First of all, don't do anything right now. You're still in shock because you were blindsided so give yourself a chance to process what happened. Don't call her or email her or text her. The less interaction you have with her right now the better. She may or may not contact you again but it would be better for you to move on and rediscover your friends and family that you may have been neglecting as a result of your relationship.

Closed Thread

Tags
    breakup, heartbreak, relationships, time