It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Do I love him anymore?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-09-2015, 06:53 AM   #1
    Rosesmith12
    (female)

Rosesmith12 HB User
    Question Do I love him anymore?

I've been wit my partner for around 2 years now, when I met him I was pregnant,(I'm 20 he's 22) the first time he asked to take me on a date I declined, I then got to know him and agreed to go on a date, we spent a lot of time together and everything was going really well, he loves me, adores me, always tells me he would be nothing without me.... Which is true when I met him he was an alcoholic, was homeless etc. I helped him to sort his life out get a job and somewhere to live, he doesn't drink anymore. And even tho my daughter is not his he loves her and she loves him, we've not long moved into our house together and I still care about him but pretty much everything he does annoys me from the way he breathes, just giving me a cuddle puts me on edge, whatever he talks about just seems to bore or irritate me, I just don't know what to think.... Do I still love him and this is something we can work through or am I never going to be able to get past this? So confused

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2015, 10:08 AM   #2
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
    Re: Do I love him anymore?

I see. I'm wondering if this kind of repulsion you feel for him has to do with his body, with his voice, with his personal hygiene (lack thereof), with his character, with his education level, or simply with everything about him. Do you perhaps resent him because he doesn't have a very good job and still depends on you to pay his bills, etc? This is indeed a rather complex situation. You guys could just be incompatible, but usually incompatibility hits both sides and causes a lot of conflict. I think we need to know more about the dynamics of the couple (you and him).

Your very question 'do I love him anymore?' seems to imply that you loved him once. Are you sure you did, or was it just compassion?

Last edited by pendulum; 06-10-2015 at 10:11 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to pendulum For This Useful Post:
    lenvegas (06-10-2015)
    Old 06-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

yes was just thinking along similar lines.....
    you ask if you love him anymore.....I'm not sure you ever loved him to begin with.....it sounds like you felt sorry for him and wanted to rescue him....
    that's not love, that's co-dependency

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
    lenvegas (06-10-2015)
    Old 06-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #4
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, if you have to ask yourself if you still love him, then you don't....

The Following User Says Thank You to lenvegas For This Useful Post:
    pendulum (06-10-2015)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    confusion advice relationship, love, relationship