It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Me girlfriend has a guy best friend

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-27-2015, 03:26 AM   #1
    MadmAn444
    (male)

MadmAn444 HB User
    Me girlfriend has a guy best friend

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months and we are very serious about our realtionship. She is very beautiful and she often says she looks forward to us having a life together.
    When I first started dating her I introduced her to one of my friends, he took an instant liking to her. He started texting her 24/7 to a point where she got annoyed with him. I told him to back off a little bit now he seems to have broken through and they are great friends. I'm not worried that they are friends but I think she's starting to spend a little more time with him than me. He often invites himself along when me and her go out together and she is fine with it.
    He is still my friend so I hang around with him a lot, and recently I will have said something to him about her or just something completely normal and he reports it back to her. It's like he's telling her everything I say. Last night he face timed her till 2 in the morning, that's why I realised this is the final straw.
    It would be great if some people on here could give me advice thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2015, 04:33 AM   #2
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: Me girlfriend has a guy bestfriend

She may be unaware, but he is not. He is moving in on her and coming between you. A romantic relationship should have only two people in it. His behaviour is unacceptable and you need to tell him to back off. First explain to your girl what you feel is going on, and what you want from her - maybe to limit her contact with him. If she objects, then you will learn something about your relationship. I personally thinks he is exaggerating his friendship with you to stay in contact with her. Sera

Last edited by Seraph; 08-27-2015 at 04:34 AM.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:39 AM   #3
    MadmAn444
    (male)

MadmAn444 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I think he is a genuine friend but, like you said, using me to stay in contact with her. I've tried confronting him about it before and he denies being really close to her.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:41 AM   #4
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

yep.....he's trying to work an angle.....
    I wouldn't trust him.
    You need to tell your girl how you are feeling and see how she responds.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:46 AM   #5
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

Old saying three's a crowd.

Encourage your friend to get his own girlfriend.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #6
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, I know of a brother who stole his brothers' girlfriend by using friendship as a guise and have heard of other family members who do this so is your friendship with this guy sacred?......I think not. Problem is if you tell him to lay off then he will tell your girlfriend and that may bring them closer together. If you tell her to drop contact with him, it may excite her more to sneak something forbidden. So, just keep in mind that anytime you two get in a fight or argument she will turn to him to console her. So, if it were me, I would not say anything to show her that I was secure with myself and the relationship and most likely she would respect that. It's a tough situation because nearly everything you say to either of them could backfire on you. Good luck with this.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #7
    MadmAn444
    (male)

MadmAn444 HB User
    Re: Me girlfriend has a guy best friend

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies
    Today I gently tried to convince my friend to get a girlfriend of his own but he says he wouldn't have a chance with anyone.
    I may leave the situation and see if it becomes worse, I will keep everyone posted thanks again for the advice

Closed Thread