It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• I can't answer my own question, bcs of lack of interest in everything

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #1
    halo29
    (female)

halo29 HB Userhalo29 HB User
    I can't answer my own question, bcs of lack of interest in everything

After about a month from my last post, I decided to write again as I'm getting no where!
    The only action I have taken to get away, was to see a couple of rentals that best match my needs. But I'm still not able to make a final decision on leaving.

I feel totally numb. Before, I asked myself what I would do differently when I'm on my own, I had clear exciting answers. but now I ask the same question and my answer is: I don't know, maybe not much.
    I don't feel like doing anything, I do my job totally uninterested, let alone things for myself. Why would I leave when I can't name anything that I want to do and I can't do right now?
    Well, there are things that I can't do right now, but I don't feel like doing them either.

Can it be because of fear? or is it just giving up? Or what? What happened?

Last edited by halo29; 08-27-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #2
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
    Re: I can't answer my own question, bcs of lack of interest in everything

Again, I think it's about depression. Probably it's also afffecting your physical health. For instance, how good (or bad) is your sleep, your digestion, your energy etc? I think you could start by seeing a doctor and, if you live in a big city, also a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practitioner. It's my belief that TCM can help you achieve a better balance in mind and body.

The Following User Says Thank You to pendulum For This Useful Post:
    halo29 (08-28-2015)
    Old 08-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #3
    halo29
    (female)

halo29 HB Userhalo29 HB User

Pendulum, thanks for being so caring.
    I understand that it's bcs of depression, and yes I do have other symptoms, too.

I don't live in a big city, even if I did, my husband would never agree with me spending money on that! For example, the therapist that I see is affiliated with where I work, so I don't have to pay, otherwise ... !

As for meditation classes, like I said before, I'm not allowed to go. We do go to the Gym though, bcs he sets up his schedule to come with me, as I can't go alone.
    I used to like yoga, but he didn't let me go, so I'm not interested any more.

By writing this post, I realized that how my health is getting worse, *and I'm not allowed to do anything about it*. as Kszan says we are given a single life, no point wasting it.

Last edited by halo29; 08-27-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:47 AM   #4
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Halo, all I can say for the moment is that 'this is unacceptable'. The fact that you are an adult and can't have a choice in your life! Your marriage is like a cage. You are like a bird in that cage. Sorry for being so blunt. Do you think a caged bird can sing a happy song if once before he knew what freedom in nature was like? But only one person can open the door in that cage. You know who I am talking about, don't you?

Last edited by pendulum; 08-28-2015 at 04:21 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to pendulum For This Useful Post:
    halo29 (08-29-2015)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    depression, marriage