It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Lying all the time

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2016, 04:25 AM   #1
    ImagineIf
    (male)

ImagineIf HB User
    Lying all the time

Does anyone have experience with a partner that lies all the time and does shady things behind your back? Mine has lied about anything from finding other people attractive to seeing a movie with a member of the opposite sex. What do you do about it? I don't want to split, so any other advice is welcome.

Last edited by ImagineIf; 01-21-2016 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Post was too long. Made it shorter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: Lying all the time

Hi, your partner may have a compulsive lying disorder which often times can start at childhood as a way to cope. It is an addictive behavior but it can be treated with therapy, however the problem is that she has to first admit she has a problem. One of the symptoms of a compulsive liar is that they lie even when the situation does not require a lie with no consequences for telling the truth. If it were me, I would not marry her until she stopped this behavior as I view it as putting too much strain on the marriage. Good luck with this...

Old 01-22-2016, 05:08 AM   #3
    roxcyn
    Veteran
    (male)

roxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB User

Could be a history of lying or abuse, I would suggest couple's counseling and perhaps counseling for himself. You can't build a relationship if you have to question his ever move and statement.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:34 AM   #4
    ImagineIf
    (male)

ImagineIf HB User

Okay, thanks for the tips. I'll do some research and talk with her about it. It's frustrating because I have shown her time and again that 99% of her lies are pointless and create a problem and hurt feelings out of nothing. I suppose if it's a psychological issue, then I don't have to feel like the fool.

Closed Thread