It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Don't want to be married any more

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2016, 06:42 AM   #16
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Don't want to be married any more

Quote:
    Originally Posted by halo29 View Post
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I really appreciate your support.
    I think I have deeper personality problems than simply not being happy in my marriage. I lack the ability to be happy, the same way I lack the ability to make friends. It's all my fault that I am such a failure in every single aspect of my life not anyone's else (my husband or family).

I used to think if I leave I would become happy again, but currently I don't see this anymore. It's me not the marriage. I've lost my will power, courage and confidence due to struggling with many things and failing at most of them. I'm ashamed of myself to blame my husband for my unhappiness.
    halo I think you are being a little hard on yourself....don't beat yourself up. Maybe you don't lack the ability to be happy, maybe you just got sidetracked, maybe you forgot how, maybe you were focusing on something else. Maybe you are depressed, in fact I'm pretty sure you are. That makes you lose interest in things that used to make you happy. Is there anything that you can think of that used to make you happy? Take baby steps. Try doing one thing each day to make YOU happy and see if that helps. And STOP telling yourself that you are a failure! You are not a failure!

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
    halo29 (07-25-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2016, 07:24 PM   #17
    halo29
    (female)

halo29 HB Userhalo29 HB User
    Thank you Maria for your advice. I DO know that I can live alone and be very comfortable. My h has been very clingy recently, too, bcs he knows I'll be leaving sooner or later. This just adds to my resentment toward him.

I recently came across a blog, where the writer was in my exact same situation. Many other women commented there, too. I realized it's very common that the husband tries to give you the moon and the sun to keep you in the marriage. This is not that he's nice, it's that he's trying to save the marriage. But I'm not buying this any more.

Thank you soo much rosequartz for such a great comment. Thanks for giving me some confidence. I'm crying as I read your post. And yes, I am depressed.

I've started applying for jobs in other states. So far all failed. But I keep applying. that's the only way I can think of to get out of this situation. It will give me the opportunity to go and never look back.

Please pray for me. I need a job to save my life ... .
    Your support here means a lot to me.

Last edited by Mo-S4; 07-24-2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: halo29
    Mariabbbb (07-25-2016),rosequartz (07-25-2016)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    confused, depression, lost love, relationship advice