It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• a night of infidelity

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #1
    HelpAHurt
    (male)

HelpAHurt HB User
    Red face a night of infidelity

I had a very drunken night nearly a month ago. I quite drinking for about a month as I have been working so much I can not afford to be hung over. A group of friends I feel safe around, in fact, we in a supervisory position, so I was quite scared. In my very drunken stupor I walked into a room with one of the supervisors (who is married) and we hooked up as evidenced by my morning nudity. I do not recall the action of sleeping with her nor have the pleasure or remembering a single piece of what exactly lead to it, however, we woke nude, and she remembers "a few flashes of its". Her husband is aware (rightly so quite mad) but I can not give him any details he requests, as I don't recall. I am eaten up by this, as I have never flirted or in any way insinuated I was interested in any of that. I do not deny my wrong doings and am willing to face the consequences, but what eats at me most is that I have always been upstanding and against such activity, not that it matters now. Can anyone help me deal with this? Has this happened to anyone? If I am doing the time, I just wish I could do more to recall the crime. I have since quit drinking, and would like to mention I have been in such situations before with no issues making the right decision and just leaving. What now though?

The following user gives a hug of support to HelpAHurt:
    movielover40 (09-21-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: A night of infedelity

I wonder if someone slipped you a mickey......in your drink?

Old 09-20-2016, 01:50 PM   #3
    HelpAHurt
    (male)

HelpAHurt HB User

no, I drank an irresponsible amount of alcohol, as evidenced by the empty bottles. But would like to stress I have dealt with similar situations with ease

Old 09-20-2016, 02:21 PM   #4
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

there is no proof......maybe you're beating yourself up over nothing

Old 09-20-2016, 03:38 PM   #5
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

I appreciate that you're willing to be accountable and that you've stopped drinking. That's all you can do, really. I'm not trying to shift blame, but it takes two to tango, and she's a married woman, she should have known better.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:45 PM   #6
    HelpAHurt
    (male)

HelpAHurt HB User

I would love to put some liability on her as she has some details at least, but is there anything I can do to get past this? or does time still heal all?

Old 09-21-2016, 07:10 AM   #7
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Re: a night of infidelity

I bet she's messing with you.....nothing happened but she wants you to think it did so she has some leverage for some reason

Old 09-21-2016, 08:49 AM   #8
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

Sounds a little fishy. I tend to agree with Rose here.

Based on your condition at the time I doubt if you would have been able to perform being that drunk.

Best of luck to you going forward.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #9
    HelpAHurt
    (male)

HelpAHurt HB User

Well thank you for the support, guys. I am dealing a bit better. I still know now to be a bit more careful about situations like that. Have definitely decided to reduce and maybe quit drinking all together. I was a bit surprised my dingle didn't dangle in the moment too, just didn't think to question it too much. But I'm sure as hell not talking to them again. It's over and I'm getting on with my life

The following user gives a hug of support to HelpAHurt:
    rosequartz (09-21-2016)
    Closed Thread