It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• I still love my ex after 6 years.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2016, 03:24 AM   #1
    princess1994
    (female)

princess1994 HB User
    I still love my ex after 6 years.

oh man, my chest is so heavy and I can't really believe i made an account on this site in order to share my feelings with the world but I guess I just can not take it anymore.

Since I was 14 I was in relationship with Mark. The truth is that he was really mean guy and cheated on me multiple times. He did not respect me and probably did not love me either. After 2 years of my misery, I met Patrick.

Patric was tall and handsome and sweet. He was a tough guy with a really good heart. If you know what I mean. We fell in love, head over heals. Best 2 months of my life. He fought for me with everyone around him. However, I found myself in a predicament and personal trouble with government and mark was able to help me while Patrick couldnt. It broke his heart. In addition to that Mark came back begging to restore out relationship, he was crying everyday and i couldnt see it anymore. I decided to go back to mark due to my situation and his feelings. I hurt Patrick and destroyed my self by doing this. I got married to mark we have been married for 5 years now, but there is not a day that I do not think about Patrick.

I wouldnt leave Mark because we made life for our selves, however we do not have kids. Maybe its a way for me to keep the hope alive ? there are days when I am alright and not think about it too much and there are days that I cant think of anything else, when I miss Patric so much I cant breath just like now. I saw him couple of days ago and we just stared at each other for a really long time but couldnt say anything. I love him so freaking bad. I thought time heals everyhting but I love him everyday that same it never went away not even a little bit.

In the past 6 years there have been times when he tried to contact me but it just turned into an argument. I do not wanna go back to him. I just wanna know how he feels. If i know he still cares I can go another 20 years without him. I just wanna hug him and tell him how hard this is. I love you so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2016, 05:53 AM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: I still love my ex after 6 years.

Princess may I be blunt? You're not making any sense. You don't want to leave your husband, you don't want to resume a relationship with your ex, but you think of him every day, you love him and you want to know he loves you too. You can choose to leave your husband. It sounds doubtful that you are giving him your very best if you are still thinking so long and hard about the other man. You're a grown woman, make a choice in your heart and soul, and honor it. I know that lots of women want "the fairytale" but it is rarely that. You say this ex was mean, didn't respect you, and cheated on you. Is that what you want? If not, just recommit yourself to your husband. Be the best wife you can be. Be respectful to him and stop cheating on him in your heart. I wish you the best.

The following user gives a hug of support to sweetpotato13:
    princess1994 (12-05-2016)
    Old 12-05-2016, 06:04 AM   #3
    princess1994
    (female)

princess1994 HB User

Hi Sweet Potato, thank you for noticing my post and replying it means a lot. Just to correct my self, it was not my ex who was mean and cheated on me it was my husband. So basically what happened was the I was for two year with the guy that is now my husband, then I met the person I am in love with but due to some personal circumstances I left him and returned back to the person that is not my husband. If that makes any sense. The person I love was never mean to me, actually, he was the sweetest thing that ever happened to me. My husband changed and is a nice man now too which makes this all kinda hard.

And I know I am confused which is why I am here asking for your help. I dont want to leave my husband because of our families. we have a perfect life together and I know I would hurt him. I am okay, its just there are moments when I miss my ex really bad and wanna scream. I feel like I made everyone happy except me and him if that makes any sense.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #4
    52ken
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User

Your mind is stuck wondering what life might have been if you would have stayed with Patrick. You made a decision, right or wrong, so move on with your husband. The grass is always greener on the other side if you catch my drift. It is not fair to your husband, Patrick or yourself. I'm thinking you enjoy your fantasy and you will continue and maybe screw up your marriage. It is your choice. Good luck.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

Hi there Princess,

I agree with the others, and have been there myself - the thinking of another man who always had stole a piece of my heart, but that's all it was. He had a piece of my heart that belonged to him but it wasn't my life or the way my life was meant to be if that makes sense.

My story was rather different in that my ex passed away at just 26yrs old which did shatter my earth - but he was also my best friend for a lot of my childhood too.

Just food for thought Enjoy your marriage!
    K.

Closed Thread

Tags
    boyfriend, break up, husband, love, relationship