It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• 5 year relationship ended

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2017, 06:55 AM   #1
    Gemma93
    (female)

Gemma93 HB User
    Unhappy 5 year relationship ended

Hello, I'm looking for some support and insight on here....

My and my ex broke up 2 weeks ago because she simply fell out of love with me, and I'm struggling really badly

I don't know how to accept that after 5 years she just doesn't love me anymore after a week away... Thw relationship wasn't great I admit but, I love her and shouldn't have stayed with her

She's ended it three times now, each time I took her back and ended up getting hurt again. Then to top it all off, she also cheated on me a year ago before we broke up

I've been trying to get out of the house and see friends and work, but I can't help but miss her and wonder how she could just fall out of love easily

I'm so hurt because I gave her so many chances and here I am, picking myself back up again whilst she gets to move forward without any romantic feelings like me and it's not fair

I don't want to be stuck here for 2 years, cause that's just too long to be hurting for.... But I can't stop thinking about her either

Any advice would be great thank you

Recently found out she really likes a guy friend she told me she would date if she were single when we were together

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: 5 year relationship ended

You ask how did she fall out of love so easily, but you also wrote "She's ended it three times now, each time I took her back and ended up getting hurt again. Then to top it all off, she also cheated on me a year ago before we broke up"

She didnt fall out of love easily, she fell out of love the first time she broke up with you and that should have been your warning sign. The fact that you took her back three times " you took her back each time" means that you are the one who was deluding yourself into thinking this could work.. once someone cheats on you, its a pretty fair assumption that they do not love you...this is not love. People in love do not even think about cheating.

I think that its time you realize you are better off without her....she was bad news and she hurt you numerous times. Go out and find someone else, someone who will be honest, faithful and return your feelings...and remember, if after 3 times this only got worse, do not under any circumstances, waste anymore time missing this relationship!

Move on and be happy that at least she isnt telling everyone how YOU cheated on her! You are the one who did everything right, you just had the wrong person in your life...find the right one and be happy! You deserve it!

Old 03-11-2017, 10:35 AM   #3
    Gemma93
    (female)

Gemma93 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    You ask how did she fall out of love so easily, but you also wrote "She's ended it three times now, each time I took her back and ended up getting hurt again. Then to top it all off, she also cheated on me a year ago before we broke up"

She didnt fall out of love easily, she fell out of love the first time she broke up with you and that should have been your warning sign. The fact that you took her back three times " you took her back each time" means that you are the one who was deluding yourself into thinking this could work.. once someone cheats on you, its a pretty fair assumption that they do not love you...this is not love. People in love do not even think about cheating.

I think that its time you realize you are better off without her....she was bad news and she hurt you numerous times. Go out and find someone else, someone who will be honest, faithful and return your feelings...and remember, if after 3 times this only got worse, do not under any circumstances, waste anymore time missing this relationship!

Move on and be happy that at least she isnt telling everyone how YOU cheated on her! You are the one who did everything right, you just had the wrong person in your life...find the right one and be happy! You deserve it!

Its hard cause she was a big part of my life for 5 years, so it's very hard to adjust. I know indeserve better, but my heart is just broke cooperating right now

Old 03-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #4
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

Big hugs Gemma,

It sounds as though you most certainly should not take this woman back if she decides to come crawling again, you absolutely deserve better than that! It seems perhaps she can't find what she was looking for and decides to just come back to you each time she calls it quits.

Allow yourself time to grieve the relationship and then move on and make yourself available for the "right" woman to come your way

Hugs!
    K.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:06 PM   #5
    52ken
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User

Be happy you didn't marry her or have children then it would be a lot worse. Lick your wounds and get back with life. One thing to know is she wasn't the one for you and maybe you weren't the one for her. The best thing that worked for me was keeping busy. Know that this is the best thing that could happen and be happy you know after 5 years and not 6. Good luck. People go through breakups all the time. The more you let her get under your skin the worse for you.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:34 AM   #6
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

you need to make new habits......she was just a habit at this point and that's why you feel the void

Closed Thread

Tags
    broken heart, heart break, relationship advice