It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Obsessed over my looks

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-30-2017, 06:23 AM   #1
    Epicsun
    (male)

Epicsun HB User
    Obsessed over my looks

I think I've been kinda depressed for awhile, lately I've been obsessed with looking in the mirror and at times I'll find my self attractive enough and at times I'll look like a monster or deformed.My older siblings tell me I'm ugly but I guess jokingly but i don't know if what their saying is true. I also have attractive friends but I think I'm the ugliest one, some girls think I'm cute but I'm very insecure and shy and some of my guy friends call me ugly too.I'm to nice to people but they treat me like **** or maybe their joking but I'm too insecure to understand jokes right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Obsessed over my looks

Epicsun,
    Friends dont tell each other they are ugly....are you sure these are your friends? I assume you are under 21? You have not gotten your self assurance yet which comes from maturing..

Every one of us has good traits and bad ones. When you look in the mirror what you do like about yourself? Do you have good hair? Good eyes? Are you built well? Are you overweight? Do you have acne? Do you need your teeth straightened?

Liking the way you look comes from YOU - no one else. THere are things you can do to improve the way you feel about yourself...going to the gym...seeing a dermatologist if you have bad skin...getting braces or Invisalign for crooked teeth...etc, but its MUCH more important to think about what you DO like about yourself! Positive affirmations such as "I am a good person" or "I have a great smile" will remind you to smile more and think more highly of yourself.

Dont be so self conscious! No one is perfect. My best friend is drop dead gorgeous, but I wouldnt want HER problems! She has quite a few! My friends think I am beautiful...but they dont know about the health issues I struggle with on a daily basis which make me hate myself sometimes..We all have problems in our lives and in our looks...what is important is what you feel about yourself.

Be honest. Are you a good friend? Do you have a great sense of humor? Are you a good athlete or writer or artist? Concentrate on what you think are your best traits and dont worry about what anyone else thinks!

Youll find someone who loves you for your traits...and this will be a true love romance. Anyone can be good looking- most of the good looking guys I ever dated turned out to be jerks. My husband is not what most women would call classically handsome, but to me he is the best man in the entire world!

Reply Reply

Tags
    obsessed, ugly