It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• dating an actress

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
    floorsocki
    (male)

floorsocki HB User
    dating an actress

okay, so i saw a similar post and have a similar problem so i thought id post an issue i've been having lately. My girlfriend wants to be an actress, and as an actress i know you have to be up close and personal sometimes maybe even being sexual and kissing if the part calls for it. Now I'm not saying I won't let her pursue her dream at all, if thats what she wants to do i respect that, even if im not happy about it and feel jealous because i know that's just me being insecure.

The way i think of it, its professional and a job. but my problem is what happens when it's not for a job? She got a role for a college show (the college doesnt have an acting program, and shes a business major and math minor) and that roll involves her wearing skimpy clothing and being very sexual. If it was a professional show, I could just tell myself its her job it doesn't matter, but this show i very unprofessional in most ways, but she still wants to do it. Is it wrong for me to not want for to do a role like that? At that point it just seems like she's taking off her clothes and getting hot and heavy with someone else for no reason. I have talked to her about it making me uncomfortable but she wants to do it anyway, and i don't wanna just fight about it. Thank you for your help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #2
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User
    Re: dating an actress

Don't want to kill her dreams.

Just let her know most actresses don't make a living and do other things to make money.

Tell her to treat it like a hobby.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

how long has she been your girlfriend?
    maybe you should go see the play, support her, see how that goes?

Old 09-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #4
    floorsocki
    (male)

floorsocki HB User

i don't want to kill her dreams, at all. We've only been dating 6 months. I don't want to sound insensitive, but if the show is just kind of like a fun little side thing, is it really necessary for her to have to get physical with someone else while being half naked? It's not that I want to stop her from doing something she wants to do, but for this level of a show I just feel like it's not needed, is that wrong to think? I really don't want to be that jerky controlling boyfriend so im trying to find a way to be okay with it.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #5
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Most every job starts out with doing something related to the job you want, but no one starts out with a profession making the kind of money they hope to make, with the title they hope to have...everyone starts at the bottom.

Your girlfriend wants to be an actress and she is taking a part in a non professional play. Where is the problem? She is doing what she wants to do and everyone has to start somewhere. Name one actress who didnt start out in high school or college shows and summer theater before they moved on to paying jobs..

You are right that this is you being insecure. If you cant handle it, end it- but dont be selfish and pretend you love her....love is not telling people what they can and cant do, its about supporting her dreams. This isnt about her doing the show, its about you being mature enough to let her do what she wants to do.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:20 PM   #6
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

floorsocki, did you make any decisions?

I think you need to stick to your own values, whatever they are, because you have to live with yourself. I personally would not want my mate pretending to be sexual with other people for any reason. If a prospective mate wanted to be an actor playing sexual scenes I would wish him well and move on. Your choices are all up to your own values.

Last edited by yayagirl; 10-02-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    relationship advice, relationship health, relationship help