It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

I met this new guy, what do you think????

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
hopeful2b
(female)

hopeful2b HB User
Cool I met this new guy, what do you think????

I have been dating this guy for about a month now, I have gone out with him 4 times and tomorrow will be our 5th date. He is very old fashioned. We are adults, we are not young.

He wants me to go up to his work tomorrow and meet his coworkers at lunch time, then later in the day he wants to go out to dinner with me.

He wants to meet my family. He has already met my father and one of my sisters.

He is already talking about me moving in with him in the future and already talking about taking a vacation with me in Arizona to these beautiful falls.

I have never had a man get so excited over seeing me ever in my life. I am 47 and he is 53.

By the way, I keep finding nickels pop up all over and so does he, whether it has any kind of meaning or not I don't know.

What do you think about him wanting me to meet his friends/coworkers so soon. Oh and this isn't just a couple of coworkers, he works for a huge automotive corporation here in Michigan, so there will be many coworkers, lol.

I hope I can get some kind of opinions by the morning.

Thank you for your opinions.

Last edited by hopeful2b; 10-12-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2017, 06:37 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: I met this new guy, what do you think????

I wouldnt do it....4 dates does not make a relationship. I would want to possibly meet his best friend on a one on one situation, but not be put in the situation where he is either "showing you off " or "proving something" to a bunch of people he works with...

As for vacation and meeting the family....again, too soon. Its one thing to meet someone if he is picking you up for a date or something casual, but to be put into a position of having to "meet the family" after only a month? Weird.

Take the time to get to know this man. Find out why he is still single at this age...did something go wrong in previous relationships? When was his last one and how many has he had? These are things that only time will tell and until you are 100% positive that he is someone you want in your life long term, why bring him into your family's and friend's lives?

Just my opinion, but you asked.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #3
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

something isn't adding up......

Last edited by Administrator; 10-16-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #4
Seraph
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

I think you have reservations about this situation and that is why you are posting the question. Clearly, your gut is telling you something. Be very cautious and trust yourself. Listen to your own instincts. If it is 'the real thing', then slowing down some will not hurt it. Take care. Sera

Old 10-13-2017, 07:47 AM   #5
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful2b View Post
He is very old fashioned.
Old fashioned? I like the sound of that!

Quote:
He is already talking about me moving in with him in the future and already talking about taking a vacation with me in Arizona to these beautiful falls.
But wait, you moving in with him doesn't sound "old fashioned".

Yeah, better slow down and get to know him better.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #6
hopeful2b
(female)

hopeful2b HB User

Thank you all so much. I am going to see him later, he wants to come to my parents house to meet my mom now, while I am staying in this area because I live almost an hour away. He then tomorrow after his ultrasound wants to meet for lunch then go for a walk. He wants to spend some quality time with me before I have to go back tomorrow because I have to work tomorrow night and won't get any days off for almost a week. But yes I am taking this relationship slow because I don't want to screw it up.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:24 AM   #7
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I'm glad you're taking it slow but I think you could be missing the point. People aren't suggesting you take it slow so you don't blow it, they are suggesting you take it slow because something doesn't feel right with this guy.....it's too much too soon and I've had relationships start out like this and they usually don't end well. They aren't the fairytale romance that it seems to be in the beginning. Please be careful. I don't trust this guy.

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
Seraph (10-16-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #8
renko
Veteran
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User

I wanted to share my experience with you if it would help. I met a guy online last year who was very nice and had good character qualities that I was looking for. We met in October last year and I wanted to meet his family so I met them for Thanksgiving and Christmas and loved them. He was very encouraging and affectionate with me and we talked and texted a lot. Then in January he started getting serious about marriage and living together. I told him that I had to give my roommate 6 months before I would move out and he agreed. I then moved in in May of this year and the honeymoon period was disappearing. The affection and attentiveness was starting to fade and I voiced my concern. I felt like he had baited me and then switched on me. I realized that I am a pleaser and did all I could to make this relationship work. After 4 months I felt that his expectations of me were not what he wanted so I moved back with my roommate. It was a very difficult decisions and he was shocked that I moved out but it felt like we were a 20 year married couple and had nothing to say or do. It was very uncomfortable for me and he avoided any emotional or direct conversations about my concerns. So be careful. It takes a good year to really get to know someone or sooner.

Reply Reply