It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

I'm so tired of my friends treating me like a child.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2018, 08:57 AM   #1
queen716
(female)

queen716 HB User
I'm so tired of my friends treating me like a child.

I'm done with these two people! We are all adults and I'm treated like a misbehaved child. You don't need to discuss something with each other before talking to me! If something bothers you, TELL me. Constantly feeling mentally drained from being ganged up on and being blamed for everything.

They somehow think it's normal that they have only seen me 5 times in 2 years and they live nearby. They make time to see each other and to get transportation to see each other, but can't do that with me. Once I brought it up with one of them, she took what I said out of context and didn't even listen with an ounce of care. She thinks it's normal that they don't see me often because they are best friends and that won't change just because I'm around. You can have more than one friend! You can have a best friend and still hang out with other people as well. She acted like it was the worst thing you can say. She thought I was being childish and said the world doesn't revolve around me. But yet, you don't see how equally childish you're being?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: I'm so tired of my friends treating me like a child.

Hi Queen. After reading (and going back and re-reading) your posts from the past 8 months; it seems that you have the same problem over and over and its with mostly the same friends. Have you considered that these people are not your friends and that you are expending too much energy worrying about what they think?

Its time to work on you. You do not need boyfriends who treat you badly or friends who only make time to see you when its convenient for them- you dont need people in your life who make you feel badly...

Look for new friends...better quality of people who share some interests with you...find a new hobby, join a new healthclub or club of any kind- find people who have more to do than gossip about each other and ignore what is important.

You cannot change people...only yourself and how you handle situations.

I wish you the best on rediscovering yourself.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
queen716
(female)

queen716 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Hi Queen. After reading (and going back and re-reading) your posts from the past 8 months; it seems that you have the same problem over and over and its with mostly the same friends. Have you considered that these people are not your friends and that you are expending too much energy worrying about what they think?

Its time to work on you. You do not need boyfriends who treat you badly or friends who only make time to see you when its convenient for them- you dont need people in your life who make you feel badly...

Look for new friends...better quality of people who share some interests with you...find a new hobby, join a new healthclub or club of any kind- find people who have more to do than gossip about each other and ignore what is important.

You cannot change people...only yourself and how you handle situations.

I wish you the best on rediscovering yourself.

With these two people they just are very condescending towards me. One of them asked me earlier today if I was on my period. She said she asked because she thought maybe that's why I was "emotional". Asking that in this situation shows you don't even take my feelings or what I'm telling you, seriously. I was polite about it, but it bothered me. The other one asked if I had any questions or concerns. This is what I meant when I said I'm treated like a child. I'm not dealing with it anymore. You can have other friends besides your best friend.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-13-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:49 AM   #4
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

queen it seems like you are desperate for these friends......I'm not sure why.
they aren't the only people in the world! If you're not happy with the give and take they are providing in the relationship, then just move on!

Old 02-14-2018, 05:38 AM   #5
52ken
Senior Veteran
(male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User

The way I see it is your friends are not going to change because they feel the way they feel. The best way is to either accept it or not be their friend anymore. Very few keep the same best friends. Either make new friends or just be happy with yourself until you become friends with other people.

Reply Reply