It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Don't find my girlfriend attractive any more (unfaithful)

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-19-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
    Englandguy89
    (male)

Englandguy89 HB User
    Question Don't find my girlfriend attractive any more (unfaithful)

I have tried talking to friends about this issue but I don't find them mature enough to be able to give me a straight answer or experienced in the matter.

The problem I have is I have been with my gf for almost two years now & when we met she was very broken had trust issues insecurity issues & asked me to get with her because she craved attention & desire to be wanted.

I had to go through a trouble time of falling in love with her to which she kept begging me to get attached only to go off with other lads she slept with 1 guy the very next day she went on holiday because she could not control her self drunk then realised her mistake the next day, I joined her two days later on the same holiday already pre planned before she did what she did with the guy after the holiday weeks later she kept kissing other guys & putting her self in difficult situations with guys as she is very navie.

After finally forgiving her, fixing her emotionally we stayed together without any hangups. Basically I think I fell in love with my gf when I met her but because she hurt me so much at the very start & it took me a long time to forgive her & after experiencing others I find after a year & a half I have lost interest sexually because she wants a much deeper commitment which am just not ready for so much that I have started to resent the whole thing, it doesnt help that I work in events / club environment where I am surrounded by girls constantly with my job & there advances.

Related info my gf is 10yrs younger then me she is 21 very attractive in terms of body wise & with makeup can be extremely pretty, but I just don't feel any sexual attraction what so ever to her & it's causing major problems in the relationship its been 6 weeks & am running out of excuses to not have sex with her, the last time I did I tried to think of someone else in my head with my eyes closed, she is really insecure from previous relationships & I don't think any more involvement with other people as a couple is going to help the situation as my sex drive for others hasn't changed.

She is a really nice person & she has changed alot since the broken girl I met & she has put alot of effort into trying to fix the relationship as it was such a mess from the start & I do forgive her but I don't know why I resent her so much I feel like am in a prison like this is a second job, I love seeing her happy protecting her making sure she is safe always looking out for her no matter what, but I just can't bring myself to be sexually active with her any more I know this sounds very shallow what should I do? She has invested so much into this relationship since the mistakes she made at the start & I feel in the long run she would be a great gf but I am just to young to commit & enjoy my freedom to much.

The love she has for me I have never seen before if I simply come into her work or come home she has a massive smile on her face little things, but myself I find i just want to come home from work & do my own thing, it's so hard living with someone & having to give them attention 24/7 she can't even cope with a few nights away from me she says she can't sleep etc it's getting to much, I feel like if it was in 10yrs from now once I have had my freedom I would be be able to settle & the relationship would work, but at the moment it's just becoming a chore because am always putting her 1st in eveything to keep her happy as I do enjoy seeing her smile but at the same time am fighting with myself as I miss the freedom so much that I now resent her.

If I break up with her I will crush her & lose her forever & probably never find someone who so deeply in love with me, I don't need effection or attention like she does maybe it's my age all I can think about is how she would be perfect for the future but do I take the chance & sacrifice my freedom & enjoyment just so that I have someone for the future?

Last edited by Administrator; 03-19-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    attraction, relationship