It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• I Need Help Helping Someone

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-09-2018, 03:00 PM   #1
    JalbertoCP
    (male)

JalbertoCP HB User
    I Need Help Helping Someone

Hi everyone,

I need a bit of guidance in terms of dealing with someone really important to me. I've been dating for 2 and a half years, my girlfriend is now on the second year of her degree (in Psychology), here in Portugal. Lately, she isn't really behaving like herself, she used to be really focused on the classes and hardworking at home, today she even admited that she is really disapointed with the course, she said that she feels really sad that she feels to have no path, no aspirations, she admited that if she knew how the course was she would've gollow something different, the point in all of this is that since I know her psychology was her goal and everything she wanted to work in the future.
    Besides that, she is really sad, and we are not that much time together during the whole week, she said she feels lonely, tired (mentally and phisically), she is getting a little anxious and said that nothing in her course appeals to her anymore, but the main part for me is that I've never seen her in such a sad and low point in her life before and I really need to help her getting through this phase, I want to help her, should I go out with her more times? Try to do different things? How should and can help her? What advice should I give her? How can I approuch her? What should I do with her?

Thanks in advance,

Josť

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: I Need Help Helping Someone

Jose, since this appears to be all about her college courses and her major, have her talk to her counselor at school. Every college has an academic counselor to help students who are going through rough patches, or who want to change their major.

Its quite possible that it is just this course bumming her out and if she hangs in there for the 8 or 10 or 12 weeks, once this course is over, her next course might get her back on track. I had courses I hated (and almost changed my major) back in college and believe it or not, the major I graduated with is NOT the major I went on to do my post graduate education in....sometimes, we have to find out that we aren't as interested as we thought once we dive into something, but it leads us to something even better!

There are people at the school who will talk to her about how she is feeling and help lead her the right direction. Encourage her to speak to them!

Reply Reply