It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

My cousin is acting different

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
kingofmycastle
(female)

kingofmycastle HB User
My cousin is acting different

I need an opinion on this.
I have a cousin married and his wife and we text each other every other few days to say hi, well, used to. WE went on a trip together to California for 10 days and had a great time, they came to visit us before that for 2 weeks and also had a good time. In march they went overseas to visit family and I went to NY to a get together with friends. When they came back I asked them about their trip and also when they were there we text some, they wanted to contact us on FaceTime and because my husband wasn't home I postponed it, all the while me texting her to say hi. She never ask me about my trip to New York and all of a sudden she stopped texting. I let them be when 2 weeks passed without texts I ask her is anything wrong, I haven't hear from you guys and she said that no, everything ok but trying to make me feel guilty because we didn't FaceTimed. I can't win an argument with her because she is very hard headed so I said ok, you're right, we didn't communicate sorry, whatever. Later on, like a few days later i called them and we facetimed and she acts like nothing happen. Since then everytime we talk or text is because I initiate, she doesn't anymore. I'm fed up and honestly tired of her games.I don't want to ask her what happen anymore because she's going to act like nothing and that makes me mad, I want to scream at her honestly, that's how much her attitude irritates me. What should I do? I live out west with my husband and have no family here but they live in the east coast and have family and friends, he said many times that I am alienated here and always tells my husband to take good care of me because of that so I find it very irritating that she acts this way knowing that here I am alone and could use communication. Anyway, sorry is long but I wanted to get your opinion on this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2018, 11:17 PM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: My cousin it's acting different

Dear kingofmycastle,

I know you are hurting, sorry you are going through this hard time. I know by experience that it can feel very harsh when a formerly close relationship shifts. If you searched your heart and you know you didn't wrong her, then it's best to give her space and let it go.

It seems that you probably both need a break from each other. Hon, friends and/or family can't make up for what we lack in life. Isn't there a hobby or some interest you can put yourself into? Can you make friends where you live?

Hugs,

Old 11-01-2018, 03:05 AM   #3
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I am sorry you are feeling like you are. My suggestion? Forget about it. Continue reaching out to her AS IF nothing is wrong...let things get back into the natural flow- and eventually she will get over it.

Giving her a hard time or yelling at her is only going to make things worse. If you want this relationship in your life, you are going to have to be the bigger person for now and keep initiating it. Once she realizes you are not going to go away- she will either start responding as she did before, or she will stop accepting your calls and disappear. Time will tell; but if this means as much to you as it sounds like- keep trying. Don't talk about the past...only talk about the present or the future...show her that you WANT to be a part of her life. She will come around eventually.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
kingofmycastle
(female)

kingofmycastle HB User

Thank you both for your advice, both very helpful although different.
I texted her this morning asking for my cousin, he had surgery a few weeks back and I was following up, we had an ok conversation and promised we'll FaceTime sometime later. Her attitude irritates me but I don't want to cut them off my life, we are family, so I guess I will tolerate her childlike behavior and hope everything will get better overtime.

Reply Reply