It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• My Daddy ainít my father after all.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-02-2020, 06:11 PM   #1
    trystme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User
    My Daddy ainít my father after all.

I just found out through ancestry.com that the person I always knew as my father isnít my biological father. I am 51. It looks as though I was conceived out of a #metoo situation. My mother was 16 and she was a waitress. My biological father is the owner of the cafe, her boss, and he was 53 at the time of my conception. He has 3 elderly daughters that are my half sisters. I want pictures so badly! Iím not one to leave this alone. My 68 year old mother is petrified that people will find out. For her, itís all about appearances but Iíve never cared about appearances. The first cousin who contacted me doesnít want to tell my elderly sisters and doesnít have any pictures. Like I said, Iím not one to leave well enough alone. My mother has asked that I wait until she is gone before I tell anyone but Iíve already told my brother (half brother now) my daughter and my husband.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2020, 03:34 AM   #2
    Soosang
    (female)

Soosang HB User
    Re: My Daddy ainít my father after all.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trystme View Post
    I just found out through ancestry.com that the person I always knew as my father isnít my biological father. I am 51. It looks as though I was conceived out of a #metoo situation. My mother was 16 and she was a waitress. My biological father is the owner of the cafe, her boss, and he was 53 at the time of my conception. He has 3 elderly daughters that are my half sisters. I want pictures so badly! Iím not one to leave this alone. My 68 year old mother is petrified that people will find out. For her, itís all about appearances but Iíve never cared about appearances. The first cousin who contacted me doesnít want to tell my elderly sisters and doesnít have any pictures. Like I said, Iím not one to leave well enough alone. My mother has asked that I wait until she is gone before I tell anyone but Iíve already told my brother (half brother now) my daughter and my husband.
    Ok you dont care about appearances but have you considered how this may affect the other family members. Maybe your mother left this all a secret for a reason. The poor thing has carried that burden for such a long time. Think long before you act hear and find out what you can from your mum about the whole situation.

Reply Reply