It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Too soon to be engaged ?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-22-2020, 07:09 PM   #1
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User
    Too soon to be engaged ?

My friend of many years has got engaged recently. She has been dating him for only three months. She says he is the "one". She told me he got down on bended knee and proposed marriage to her. I was just wondering if this proposal was given too soon. I am very happy for her. He seems like a respectable guy. Has anyone been in this situation or know someone who has. I know I should mind my own business, but this friend is special to me and I don't want to see her hurt. Any comments are appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2020, 03:42 PM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Too soon to be engaged ?

if he's the one there is no need to rush....
    people are on their best behavior in the beginning
    I'm suspicious of people that want to rope you in before you get to see the real them......that's what abusers do.....
    and of course they seem perfect in the beginning.
    I hope your friend comes to her senses

Old 07-31-2020, 05:24 PM   #3
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Thank you for the reply Rosequartz. We are having dinner tonight so she can discuss her feelings about the proposal. She is having doubts about getting married to him. She is in her early 20s and going to college. I hope she tells me she wants to wait to get married. The man she is engaged to claims he is in love with her deeply and wants to keep her in his life. Wow, this is truly a tricky situation.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:45 PM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Not sticky, but I bet she has seen signs that she may think as loving gestures.
    If she has any doubt, it would be in her best interests to give him back the ring and see how that goes.

q

Old 08-01-2020, 06:24 AM   #5
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Thank you quincy, for your reply. She is a bit nervous to get married. She told me she met him at a gathering with his parents there. Her parents are good friends with the man"s (the one who proposed) parents. She is just going to take her time getting to know this man. She has kept the ring because she said it is special to her. She cried when she she was talking to me about the peoposal. She had tears streaming down her face when she looked at the ring. I told her to be safe and try not to get in too deep with this man. We will see how it goes.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:57 AM   #6
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Good plan...
    q

Old 08-02-2020, 06:05 AM   #7
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Thank you quincy. I think the tears my friend shed were of sadness, and doubt about the marriage proposal. My friend has a good life either with or without this man. She goes to college, and has a part time job. The college is closed for now, because of the Covid-19 virus. She admitted to me she is very deeply in love with this man. I can tell she is in love. I can see it in her face and hopefully the doubts of getting married will fade over time. I always ask her if she is being treated well in the relationship she has now. She says he is a gentleman and would do anything for her. Anyway, she has taken a step back to reflect about this proposal. I hope her intuition leads her in the right direction.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:38 AM   #8
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seems the situation is in the thinking phase...always good for that to kick in for all involved.
    q

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
    Chainsoflove (08-05-2020)
    Reply Reply